Lot Porter/Lot Attendant Job!

Moose_Gumps

Have questions prepared for them... Show interests in them...

What is your favorite part about working here?
Will there be room for advancement?
etc...

Call back a couple days later and ask if they have any more questions for you. Let them know you are very interested, and would love to come in for a second interview if they'd like to.

The hiring process can take time. Call back once every 5-7 days. Don't be pushy, but politely ask if there have been any decisions. It shows you are interested, and until they say "no" you have a shot.

Always send a thank you card. Even if they don't hire you. It will make a good impression and help you stand out.

If you are not hired, ask them if they know of anyone who is looking for a position. If they do, you can go to "x" person and say, "John Doe from Honda said you were looking for someone!" That gives you an in right there.

Bring a resumé if you can. But only do this if you are going to be able to have 10 people look it over first. Are you in school? Ask your guidance counselor to help. Many universities have "career centers" where people will help you write a resumé. My university got me into the job I have now right after I graduated.

Dress like your boss (or interviewer). If they wear suits to work, wear a suit. If they wear business casual, you should be fine wearing nice slacks and a good button-up.

Bring a change of clothes if it's a long drive, or stop somewhere and change into your clothes right before arriving. Trust me... If you're driving 3.5 hours, you'll find a way to spill something on yourself.

Arrive early, but not too early. 10-15 minutes is good.

Remember, you are selling yourself. No, not your body... But you are selling who you are as a worker. Don't walk in there with a mightier than thou attitude, but if you don't show confidence in yourself, why should they?

Have a list of your three biggest strengths/weaknesses before you go in. You don't want to have to think of those on the spot. Make your weaknesses so that they aren't terrible. If your can make them irrelevant to the job, that's even better. Maybe you can be prideful, or have a closet full of dead hookers. Hell, in one moment of brilliance in my teens, I told a Jamba Juice manager that I could have a better relationship with my mother (I didn't get hired).

You would be surprised at how much people notice manners. Sit with good posture. ALWAYS use your sirs and ma'ams. It's always mister. or miss.

Introduce yourself with a handshake. If it's a man, you should have a solid grip and shake firmly (that's what she said). If it's a woman, be firm but gentle. Look them in the eye while you do it.

Just some random things I've learned.
Defiantly a lot to take in but thanks for posting all of that I really appreciate it!
I have a list going now of my strengths and weaknesses, I'll try to memorize those just in case. Hopefully I can remember to sit straight and keep eye contact haha.

Thanks a lot for the tips guys.. I hope I have what I need in order to secure this job. I will definitely follow up a few days after and see if they have any questions. I have one final question,

if he asks about my driving record how should I proceed? I have 3 or 4 tickets (honestly, cannot remember how many >.<) I know that does not look too good but how can I make it look not so bad? I need any help on this one.

Thanks

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
if he asks about my driving record how should I proceed? I have 3 or 4 tickets (honestly, cannot remember how many >.<) I know that does not look too good but how can I make it look not so bad? I need any help on this one.
were any of them recent? i've never had a place ask that before...but then again i've never applied at a dealership

built_ls

If he ask about your driving record just say "I have not have any tickets in the last x amount of months or years". That should be a good enough answer. If he ask more just say "a couple"

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
I work for Mazda..similar job, i work a polo jeans and some shoes..if this job is anything like mine, its busy laid back work lol

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
The job is moving cars around in the car lot. Ex: to and from the shop, to and from a carwash, etc. He will not be working on any of the cars, just driving them around and making sure they look good.