Loud brakes

ztinman

I just replaced all pads and rotors on my 98 gs and the right front brake is making a metal on metal noise that gets louder when i apply the brakes but even just driving it makes it... its almost like a whooshing sound that is intermitent like when im going really really slow there is a 1 second pause between noises.. any ideas guys?

Alvi84

Also, did you check to make sure the rotors didn't need to be resurfaced before installing the new brake pads? Were the brake pads ceramic and did you use the brake lube they suggest?

ztinman

Also, did you check to make sure the rotors didn't need to be resurfaced before installing the new brake pads? Were the brake pads ceramic and did you use the brake lube they suggest?
Im a broke student so i bought the cheap shit from auto zone and had my brother help me install them and we did use the brake lube.

TheSkygun

If you used cheap brakes from auto zone your probably usi metallic brake pads which will create that noise even with new brakes, also they can mess up your rotors. Ceramic brake pads are what you should go with, they do cost more but are much better for your rotors and will stop that noise

ztinman

If you used cheap brakes from auto zone your probably usi metallic brake pads which will create that noise even with new brakes, also they can mess up your rotors. Ceramic brake pads are what you should go with, they do cost more but are much better for your rotors and will stop that noise
Ive heard that before, im probably stuck with the noise but it was worth asking, thanks guys

TheSkygun

welcome but like i said they could mess up your rotors, mine where starting to warp them and i needed to resurface my rotors but just going to buy new ones