Low brake pedal

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Title says it all. I press the brakes and nothing happens for about 4-6 inches... maybe a little more. I feel like every time I stop quickly I am putting the pedal to the floor. Is this a master cylinder issue? Fluid is fine and I just did rear calipers, rotors, and pads... Doing the front soon. I'm sure this should be an easy answer for some of you guys!

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
that's what i figured. just wanted a second opinion before I go out and start wasting money haha...

RunninPlaya

the integra i'm looking at buying does the same thing. keep us updated as i'm curious to know if i need a new master cylinder or if i just really need to bleed the brakes. i was out romping on the car and had to use the e-brake to stop once.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
Well I'd put money it's not the brakes needing to be bled. Just did the brakes on my car and bled them. I'm going to replace the master cylinder soon. Probably next paycheck.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
No leaking fluid. Yes, there is fluid in the reservoir. It seems like I stop a little better if I pump em, but I may be wrong.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
did you look under the dash where the pedals are? or just under the hood? look under the dash for leaking too.