Low idle then dies

Da-aB

I just recently purchased a 1990 integra GS and here's my problem.
Starting up it warms up at 1500-2000rpm then drops to 500rpm and shakes pretty rough then stalls.
It's almost completely stock besides the air filter and super loud annoying muffler.
Any ideas?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Look online on how to adjust the idle, there is a screw around the throttle body that controls this, should be an easy fix.
- Aaron

Theasian

Check for carbon build up around the throttle body and the idle air control valve. It may be sticking or not working. Thats where I would start.

dugan33

Bad IACV? check CEL codes for #14

I once had a problem similar to yours, I changed my IACV out with a used cleaned one. You can check the IACV taking off the air intake and checking for suction on the top hole there should be plently. It sounds like its failing because once the FITV passes its job to your dead IACV your car dies too. Another way to test it is to connect the + and - to your battery. It should click on. If you decide to clean your existing IACV cause it could just be stuck closed use TB cleaner and make sure you let it dry for a good 10-20min before reinstalling it.