Low RPM backfire?

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
My Tegg has always done this since the day I got it so I'll try to describe/explain the best I can. Ok, so when I let of the gas slightly not all the way, the motor seems to do this low rumbling backfire. It doesn't matter what gear I'm in or how fast I'm going. I can control it when it happens meaning I can make it do it. I know its not misfiring so I'm not too concerned, I just wanted to know if anyone else can do it. Personally I think it sounds badass lol. I have even had a few friends tell me they can see an orange glow coming from under my car when I'm doing it :) I'll post a link to a YouTube vid of my car doing it in a sec.

TheSkygun

I couldn't tell in the video the sound you talked about. I doesn't sound too bad till you said the orange glow. Good luck

Havok114

I didn't hear a God damn thing lol

Sent from my pager

fowler.j.12

That sounds like typical engine brake and burning off extra gas. The glow I have no explanation for it. If it does it in neutral then hop under there and have someone do it. See what happens.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
I'll make a better vid during the day. My phone won't record in HD at night for some reason. It doesn't have an exhaust leak I know that for sure. A month or two ago I went over Mt. Everest of a speed bump and it snapped my resonator off right before the cat so I just pulled that f*cker the rest of the way off because my exhaust was dragging REALLY bad.