Lowbeams not bright enough.. HAZARD!! please help!!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
the fog lights on 98+ tegs are much more effective, the earlier style fogs are merely "city lights", dont really do shit for lighting lol

01TegLuv

from foglights?.. dim yellow light? pointing to the floor..? :/

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
lol not all fog lights are dim yellow light pointing to the floor, mine werent adjusted right, and the 95-97 style arent really that effective, but you have an 01 if im not mistaken, which means the fog light lenses are much larger. REAL fog lights are extremely effective for extra lighting when properly adjusted, and they are not usually yellow.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
lol not all fog lights are dim yellow light pointing to the floor, mine werent adjusted right, and the 95-97 style arent really that effective, but you have an 01 if im not mistaken, which means the fog light lenses are much larger. REAL fog lights are extremely effective for extra lighting when properly adjusted, and they are not usually yellow.
The Raybrig kit was so effective that I stopped using my hi-beams. I just used my low beams with fogs. I also live in a rural area so when it gets dark, its dark as fuck lol. The thing I hate about the 94-97 bumpers is that the fogs just aren't that great IMO.

If you are against the foglights then your best bet is to take 2000 grit sand paper, wet sand your lenses and then buff the crap out of them. Then either go with a quality bulb or HID kit. I used 6k on my gsr w/o fogs and it worked very well but the headlights were in great shape.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
I must have super hero night vision, The stock headlights on my GSR are more than adequate.
I can see fine but we have tons of deer in Missouri so I like to make sure I have good lighting so I can see them. I've actually had 3 deer run into the side of my tegs.

01TegLuv

i might get foglight in the future, never thought they were really bright since i always seen yellow fogs on tegs aroung here, and since theyre lower to the ground and on a low car, i need something that points up at cars, to see. but integras dont come stock with fogs so what do you mean the 98+ fogs are better? i thought that depended on the aftermarket part you buy and where, what brand.. although some people get hid fogs like i see alot on bimmers and trucks that want to have the brightest lights, as much of them as possible, in your face. and not sure if my beams are jacked up, but they do point downwards and i could not align them for sh*t, i tried using a post with the explanation but those damn dials dont move anything. that and ive used the lens restoration kit, it worked well on the outside.. my left lenses are clean, but my right, water gets in and its dirty from the inside so ill have to take it off and bake it to open the housing and clean it out. that and im getting my ddm slim ballast 35w 4300k kit, probably in a few weeks cuz of the not so great shipping time theyre known for. and supposedly 4300k bulbs are the brightest, letting off 3200 lumens. ill look into the fogs, can anyone link me to a really good brand pair? thnx

01TegLuv

I can see fine but we have tons of deer in Missouri so I like to make sure I have good lighting so I can see them. I've actually had 3 deer run into the side of my tegs.
damn, i guess you never have to worry about going hungry for dinner... loll :p

01TegLuv

would these work on foglights and and need a hid conversion kit? or are these the fake just blue looking bulbs? they are pretty cheap so doubt it..

grayghost

Sound like you need a good rifle instead of more light! I live next to a national park and there are deer everywhere. In this area deer are required to give the right of way.