Lower Car more Without Rubbing

purpl3ran93r

Hey CI, I was wondering what ways are there to lower my car enough to look like this.

but not enough to where my tires will rub, I heard I could get stiffer springs but I don't know.

Here is My GSR:

I'm on Tokico Blues, I lowered the car by 2 Inches, I do track my car, which is why I'm concerned about rubbing

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
tracking your car you shouldnt be concerned about going lower as you look fine. you should look into rolling your fenders because i have 215/45/16 tires and i dont rub

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the 17'' are what may be causing it, what size tire do you run? you honestly need to roll your fender for more clearence if you want to go lower...That and stiffer springs, but then again you wont be able to go lower with stiffer springs as they do not compress as much

im lowered all the way in the front

purpl3ran93r

ouh alright, all I want to do is get rid of the wheel well gap but I guest Ill just leave itt, and the tires are 205/45/17

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Perfect thread for my situation; 17's and all. I was thinking something around a 1.5/1.75 inch drop would be good, but I figured I would still have to roll my fenders. They had me on Toyo 255's when I first bought my rims, but they rubbed really bad on stock suspension, so they settled me with 205's for now.
I hear a lot of crap about rolling fenders will inevitably chip my paint, but I'm kinda wondering if that is blown out of proportion like the CAI sucking in water thing.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Perfect thread for my situation; 17's and all. I was thinking something around a 1.5/1.75 inch drop would be good, but I figured I would still have to roll my fenders. They had me on Toyo 255's when I first bought my rims, but they rubbed really bad on stock suspension, so they settled me with 205's for now.
I hear a lot of crap about rolling fenders will inevitably chip my paint, but I'm kinda wondering if that is blown out of proportion like the CAI sucking in water thing.
it will crack your paint. it cracked mine, but i didnt use a heat gun because i was lazy and just used a baseball bat. If you use a heat gun in the sun you wont crack the paint as much

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Will This cheap ass gun work, or do I need to get the $200 blue one I see everyone else using?
And on the off chance it does get fucked up, does that mean I need to get the entire fender repainted or just a little where it cracked?
Thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you really want i will talk to someone if they want to do your fenders, but there are no promises that they wont crack, we have a fender roller and the gun. I just used spray paint when my paint cracked.