Lower or new rims/wheels first?

GerardCB

Hey guys I am wondering your opinions on this:

Lower 1.5in first?

Or

New 16in rims(possibly white dr41s) and tires first?

Bigger wheels will make the car have less wheel gap, where if I lower the car I would have to deal with ugly old stock rims with ugly tires.

Now this is solely based on looks. I'm in college and plan on doing both, but gonna take a while in between.

So based on looks what would make the car more appealing if I were to choose only one?

I forgot to stress that its ONLY 1.5inches. Its my DD. If its 3 id def lower it first, but i cant.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Depends on in a hurry your wanting them...With winter coming up i would wait til the spring to order any of them just my two cents. Either way your gonna need both to make you car more appealing.

You'll lower it then people will say okay now u need wheels regardless..
You'll install the rims and tires then people will say now you need to lower it.

So there really is no way to go more appealing at the moment. I would go with your gut feeling and either save until the spring or choose which one you think is better.

Winter time sucks here, which is why im telling you to wait til spring, but i have no idea how the weather is where your from :)

Maybe someone will have a better option.
Lowering also breaks into your suspension more and puts more stress on it, so keep in my mind you might have to chip in more money for parts suspension wise....hope that helps man :) Good Luck.

Bsweeney

I would lower first I did and don't regret it. I personally think it looks a little ricey having wheels and no drop. But to each their own

droz

i would vote lower it first

GerardCB

Thanks so much for the comments. Really diggin in to me. But i forgot to stress that ill only lower it 1.5 inches. If i was gonna lower it like 3 it would make a hige difference. So thats my point

Sent from my iPhone

bkirshr

User that is Registered
my vote is lower it first. I'd much rather be low on stockies (my winter setup) than floating on aftremarket wheels. but why only 1,5 inches? if its because you only have enough for lowering springs, I'd say save up for full coilovers first. It makes a huge difference and you will be kicking yourself if you don't. just my :twocents:

SoundEfx

If you're lowering it properly, meaning, with lowering suspension parts ( coilovers or springs ) and camber kits, then my vote would be to lower it first.

If you don't have camber kits as yet, then I would say leave the car as is until you have both the camber kits and new rims.

That way when you install everything at once, your car will have a huge transformation and you'll love it even more.