Lower PCV Valve Hose Replacement

jadedtool

Hello,

I have a 90 GS (B18A1?). Upon changing the PCV valve, the old one broke while taking it out. The lower PCV valve hose (the part that you put the PCV valve into) was very brittle and also broke. I have a new OEM one but I can't get the old one out. The clearance is pretty bad.

I am wondering if anyone has some pictures or some tips that might be of assistance. As it stands, there are way too many things in the way for me to see how this hose connects, and I think going at it from the bottom is the best plan (and possibly removing the oil filter).

From the service manual, I see that the lower PCV valve hose connects to a crank breather chamber which is connected to a hole in the block right beside the oil filter. When I go at it from underneath, I can get my hand up there but can't figure out how to disconnect the hose from the breather chamber. I looked online but couldn't really find any good pictures either.

Thanks!

P.S. If anyone is interested, I have two pictures hosted on the Photobucket website. One is from the net and shows the hole that the breather chamber connects to , and the other is a diagram from the service manual. To access these pictures, just use the search button to "search users" for my user name "jadedtool".

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
just cut it, and run the top one straight down, it just releases crankcase pressure, it doesn't need to go anywhere. just hide it for inspections.

navysailor956

If your talking about this... Then all you have to do is pull it and it will pop right out. grab it from the base though so the bottom plastic portion of it doesnt break. I broke mine from the top as u can see when i was replacing my manifold. So yeah, just pull it from the base n the hose will come out of the little box thing its attached too.

jadedtool

Thanks for the replys.

navysailor956, that is the type of picture that I was looking for, it has been very helpful. I just wished it was easier to remove the intake manifold so I could get at it from the top. Oh well, I will be sure to get to it from underneath.

As for just cutting it, I appreciate your advice Tam4511, but will probably save that as a last resort