Lowered guys did you buy a lifetime alignment?

96Marine

So I just lowered my car and plan on doing an alignment tomorrow. Has anyone done the "Lifetime" alignment? If so which company did you select? How much did you pay?

Do lowered cars require alignment more often than one with stock height?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
nope, and nope. your alignment goes out if you hit a bump in the road. I personally only get my car aligned before a track day and have someone do it for me

mdan9193

Mdan
I got lifetime alignment. Paid 189 at firestone. Its worth it in my opinion. I've done an alignment 3 times already and I've owned the car for about 6 months lol. I just did it a couple days ago after replacing my tie rod ends, and now today found out I have to change the rear trailing arm bushings because they're cracking away, so going to do another alignment after replacing those. Its useful, considering I'm always swapping out suspension, or will be. Get it.

01FTW

I only lowered mine 1 1/2 in and it drove straight afterwards so I didn't need an alignment.

Peeples

nope, and nope. your alignment goes out if you hit a bump in the road. I personally only get my car aligned before a track day and have someone do it for me
Really?!?

I was going to get an alignment after dropping my car about 4 - 6 inches. Is a alignment worth it or should I not even worry about it?!?

JGvtec

Really?!?

I was going to get an alignment after dropping my car about 4 - 6 inches. Is a alignment worth it or should I not even worry about it?!?
get an alignment right after. Make sure they have a drive over instead of a drive on.

01FTW

Just lower that bitch and if she pulls in either direction get the alignment, if not then save your money.

96GSRteg

Tyler
ive heard decent things about firestone. I would go to them if you do make a lot of suspension changes. It pays for itself after a while. Even if its a small amount, it can prematurely wear out your tires. which blows.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I went to Mr. Tire and I wouldn't again. He told me the rear toe couldn't be adjusted and later did I find out thats because he was afraid of breaking the bolt. He also said that he thinks lifetime alignments are a waste of money. Mr. Tire sucks.

mirrorimg

Really?!?

You need an alignment. Your Toe will be way off, and you will be replacing tires in no-time if you dont get an alignment.

Just lower that bitch and if she pulls in either direction get the alignment, if not then save your money.
Please, stop talking. Whenever you change the ride height, the camber and toe settings are distorted. You will see uneven wear on the tread, more so if you change the height drastically.

Quick definition on the differences between DRIVE ON and DRIVE OVER, Please!
-In one, you drive up onto a rack and they do the alignment. This rack may have a steep incline and your car may not be capable of driving onto it.
-In the other, you drive onto a plate that has a "basement" like compartment that the mechanic can walk into under the car. The car is then jacked up and aligned, then lowered.

It all depends on the shop, and how low you are. Specialty alignment shops should have the latter type.

Peeples

-In one, you drive up onto a rack and they do the alignment. This rack may have a steep incline and your car may not be capable of driving onto it.
-In the other, you drive onto a plate that has a "basement" like compartment that the mechanic can walk into under the car. The car is then jacked up and aligned, then lowered.

It all depends on the shop, and how low you are. Specialty alignment shops should have the latter type.
Thanks for the Info. After you explained I knew just what your talking about. I've seen it hundreds of times LMAO

mdan9193

Mdan
ive heard decent things about firestone. I would go to them if you do make a lot of suspension changes. It pays for itself after a while. Even if its a small amount, it can prematurely wear out your tires. which blows.
I am actually second guessing firestone. I got my tie rods replaceda couple days ago and then took it to them used my lifetime alignment and figured why not balance my wheels while I am at it. He called me back saying there was a lot of inner wear on my back tires and they couldn't align/balance it? So they charged me for balancing the two front tires. Now when I drive on the free way the car doesn't seem that stable and still pulls either left or right sometimes! If I go over 70 the car shakes and follows the grooves of the road. Really bad. And now I feel play on my steering wheel. I can move the steering wheel a little bit to the left or right and the wheels barely move. Anyone know what could possibly have happened ???

Cripton805

I am actually second guessing firestone. I got my tie rods replaceda couple days ago and then took it to them used my lifetime alignment and figured why not balance my wheels while I am at it. He called me back saying there was a lot of inner wear on my back tires and they couldn't align/balance it? So they charged me for balancing the two front tires. Now when I drive on the free way the car doesn't seem that stable and still pulls either left or right sometimes! If I go over 70 the car shakes and follows the grooves of the road. Really bad. And now I feel play on my steering wheel. I can move the steering wheel a little bit to the left or right and the wheels barely move. Anyone know what could possibly have happened ???
It sounds like they can't balance tires. lmao