lowered integra cv's

Cmills

Hey everyone, I somewhat recently purchased a lowered 1999 integra gsr, after lifting it on the hoist I noticed that both inner and outer cv boots are torn on both sides and look like they have been for awhile. I'm just wondering if that could have anything to do with the fact that it is lowered and if so if anyone has any suggestions for a good set of axles, or if it is just because they are old?

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Could be a sign of both. Having a lowered car puts more stress on the axles themselves. I would replace those as soon as possible and check your inner and out tie rods as well as your upper and lower ball joints. Those are also main parts of keeping your suspension running correctly and keeping your wheels from falling off. :)

Cmills

any suggestions for some axles that would be more suited? or at least stronger to withstand the stress?

SeanDA9

Unless you hear the axles clicking or possibly have some steering shake during acceleration(with all other variables out the way wheel balance ball joints etc..) they are fine just replace the boots. Being lowered does put some stress but all cars with cv boots will eventually have torn boots.

Cmills

The cvs are bad, they make a whurring noise and they have way more play than specs, I need to replace the whole axles but is the extra stress worth going aftermarket? Or should i just get lordco ones?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Most people usually just get some new Autozone axles (not reman'd) since they have a lifetime warranty and they are cheap. Next time they go bad just bring them in and get new ones at no cost.