Lowering a car bad for the axles?

sleepybrown

So whenever my Ksport GT lowering springs make it to my doorstep im planning on dropping my damn 4x4. My concern is, that lowering it will damage the axles from what ive been told. If so will a camber kit possibly help or am i getting tossed a bunch of bs?

whitedc4

how low are you going to lower it? being slammed will hurt your axles yes and a camber kit is a smart decision for your tires definitely. getting an alignment will help some but there are pros and cons to being lowered so you just kind of have to be prepared for it.

sleepybrown

Its gonna be Ksport GT springs(2.5f/2.25r) on stock struts for now since the struts had been replaced 10k miles ago. But I know the alignment is to be done. But ive heard alot of people complain of tire wear from camber when they dont go and get an alignment and it ends up actually being the toe that wears the tires down more than the camber. But shouldnt lowering it actually level out the axle since it being a little slanted with the stock ride height, shouldnt lowering it level it out some?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the axle is supposed to be angled they dont like to be straight thats how they go bad, Coy changes his more than he changes his oil, and i used to change mine every 3 months

sleepybrown

So if it sets like this(sorry for the poor kindergarden example)

Then its not going to be to bad at wear and tear as if it was at a level sit

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i mean ive had my set for a year and its maybe at a 5-15 degree angle