lowering cheaply...

rexpepper123

craigslist. im kicking myself now i found a man on craiglist selling some tein springs for 80 and ebay i had found some tokyco blue shocks n struts for 250. thats not a bad deal right there

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
The only cheap way would be to run Tein H tech lowering springs because it's an ITR replica except "Stiffer" I believe.
It's a very minor drop though & still you will run the risk of blowing those.

Everyone, S tech is almost a 2" drop. That will blow stock or OEM replacement shocks/struts.
Tein says 1.5", but it's closer to about 1.7" or more.

Ride quality will suck too.

There's no cheap alternative that will be reliable.
I'm on S techs. They are specifically designed to work with the other factory suspension componenets. Correct it is a 2ish inch drop, maybe a little more in my case, but they ride better than my factory springs did so I'm not complaining. I've had a friend who had S techs on stock shocks for 30k+ miles without them blowing

Cripton805

I'm on S techs. They are specifically designed to work with the other factory suspension componenets. Correct it is a 2ish inch drop, maybe a little more in my case, but they ride better than my factory springs did so I'm not complaining. I've had a friend who had S techs on stock shocks for 30k+ miles without them blowing
I've also seen them blow shocks in less than 10k or a year.
Your suspension is not supposed to have that travel.

I've also read it in numerous reviews.

I guess some people get lucky, but I've also seen pist off reviews coming from people that bought brand new KYB, or Blues and had them blown by the end of the year, which would mean that it would have just been cheaper to go with a quality setup.

Even so, if you were to swap out those truts for OEM replacements, that would still be a $400+ with the price of all four shocks and springs.

Quotes:

speedlimitz
Ride: 04 acura tsx
My stock shocks blew really quick even the tein htechs. If I could do it all over I wouldve done coilovers in the first place, wouldve saved me time and money. I put koni's on before my coilovers and they are great struts.

nwinnie34
06 PWP/Ebony, 6MT/Nav
stock shocks arent made to support any drop.... its not a question of if they will blow, but when....
if you didnt blow the shock, you should still go get shocks or your going to have issues, tokicos are cheap, kyb's are cheap, koni yellows are very nice but on the more expensive side....

Last edited:

562Thomas

What year of Integra do you have? I got some no name brand (Blue) lowering springs you can have bro... They came of my '91 Integra LS I live in Long Beach CA8)

gmni03

I have a 91, dude if you are willing to hand them over ill be honored to take them.

Army74D

gtavila_
Cut them b****es with a hack saw.
Hahaha! :headbang:

Anyway, my two cents are.. If you're gonna f*ck up your ride, might as well go with the cheap ebay coils like someone else mentioned on here. At least they might last a few months.. But yep, you get what you pay for.

Rich-PMS

eBay coilovers bounce like a pogostick.

His best bet is to buy used springs, and I just so happen to have a set! :)

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
hit or miss lowering on stock shocks.

definitely do it right the first time, but with my experience, on one of my tegs im lowered on comptechs 1.3 inches for a few years now with no issues. rides like stock.

my other teg has s techs on koni yellows. perfect ride imo