lowering springs help!

money

hey guys, their's a friend down the street he has a 1999 Acura EL family man they bought thier car lowered, so they raised it back up and took out thier old shocks and lowering springs they said it"s H and R lowering springs and the shock and springs are put together that they took out so hes selling for 50 bucks . will they fit?

XjoEnX

The springs will. Don't know about the shocks. The front might be the same, but the rear I really don't know. Can't guarantee the ride will be good though since the springs weren't made for an Integra.

money

he's selling them together , this other guy said it fits 96 + honda's and acura's, but im thinking off paying him 25 bucks and then 25 after their fitted IF they fit and work

XjoEnX

Did a quick search on the rear shocks to see the differences. I looked up the top hats and shocks for the Integra coupe 94-01 and found these part numbers (acuraautomotiveparts.org):

52675-SR0-003 for the top hat
52611-ST7-A01 for the shock absorber

For the 99 EL I searched the same parts for a 96-00 Civic sedan since they both are the same cars and found this (hondaautomotiveparts.com):

52675-SR0-003 for the top hat
52611-S04-G01 for the shock absorber

That tells me the rear shocks are not exactly the same. I could be wrong though, and they could be the same. A side-by-side comparison of the photos from each of those websites I pulled these parts numbers from show they look the same. My only other guess would be that the difference between the shocks are the mounting points of the brake lines. Can anyone else chime in to confirm this?

money

lol thanks for the information man, if they shocks dont fit ill just get the springs off and put them on my shocks.