Lowering Springs Q&A

Alvi84

I just ordered the Function and Form Type 1's today for $590 with free shipping. Best deal hands down.

In my signature pics I am lowered on eibach springs with stock shocks and has rode good for 2 years and 24k miles. Just doesn't handle great. Starting to get more body roll after this many miles and I personally want to go lower. Also, I live in Iowa where we can get 12 inches of snow and I need to be adjustable.

Kyle

FF are good if you want to slam your car IMO. If you want more function, go with Progress. Same price as FF and they are even made in the USA.

Alex3337

hello buddy, I would not buy ebay coilovers, there cheap and ride rough, i rode in my buddys civic with them and they rid horrible and i dont kno if i would trus them or not, iv heard ppl say they break, idk if true or not but i wouldnt risk it, if 1 was 2 break it wouldnt be good at all, and you'de tear your car all 2 piecies, id just save up 4 awhile and get some good ones

Blk_DC

Hello fellow teggies! Ive come to you for some more advice. I recently started to put some mods on my 99 LS and my next step is to lower her down. Now I'm married and a father, which means I'm working on a budget. I've been looking on eBay and I've seen quite a few for a cheap price($58-75) for a set of 4. Now I want to get some feedback on this before I buy. I know there has to be a few of you out there that have some of these eBay lowering springs and I would like to know your opinion of them. Thank you for your time!
Google some more, look around many honda/acura/integra forums for used suspension and look at their vendor deals/sales!

Find your set spending duget, and what you want out of your suspension.. dd, drag, track/autox, looks, performance, bit of both, over steer, understeer, slammed ect..

Do not go cheap with suspension, get a good reputable brand.. or something that has good reviews on, so that you'll be happy with what you purchased.. though not everything is always 100% positive feedback..

few suggestions after searching for suspension myself these past months...
-you can get skunk2 lowering springs and sport shocks for about total 440shipped
-or go a good set of lowering springs of your choice for 100shipped or less used, and buy some brand new koni yellows for about 425shipped... total 525
-for 576 you can get a used decent full body coilover setup.. you can get tein basics full body coilovers for 350-500 used!..
-Function&form type 1s for 525-550 shipped brand new!

Personally I purchased some USED Tein SS w/ OEM Tophats for 600shipped off Honda-Tech and they are awsome(reatail 900-1000shipped brand new w/ no tophats.. Ive actually seen them sell cheaper without tophats used for around 450-550)... few of these guys suggestions and prices are a little wrong lol

Last edited:

McNasty621

but for 100 bucks more you get full coilovers
Thinking of staying away from coilovers, not looking to lower it more than 2in and don't wanna have to worry about adjusting them again later down the road, just wanna lower it and forget it u dig?

Kyle

H&R Race Springs and your choice of struts (Tokico Illuminas, Koni STR.T, Skunk2 w.e).

elda9monster

I personally think that if you don't want to mix and match go with the skunk2's you found.

esbro03

i have skunk2 coilover sleevs which are ride hight adjustable and they aren't the best but they are pretty good. what you spend is what you get. i wouldn't go cheap because you're gonna have to deal with a bouncy car every time you drive it

meghan-_-

i love the way my car sits with my ebay coil springs.. but it is very bouncy (sitting on the bump stop) and it eats the heck outa tires bc i have yet to get front camber arms. i suggest if you get ebay springs, go ahead and get the camber kit, and struts that are compatable :)

esbro03

i have buddyclub p1 racing front camber kit and the rear camber doesn't even wear that much the way my car sits. but when you lower it you need a camber kit or you'll be spending alot on tires

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i have buddyclub p1 racing front camber kit and the rear camber doesn't even wear that much the way my car sits. but when you lower it you need a camber kit or you'll be spending alot on tires
it wears unevenly thats it, toe eats your tires because you drag your tires with toe while camber is just uneven wear. It wears at the same rate as you driving. A camber kit is not needed, but its recomended. Saying that i never used a camber kit, but i did install one after needing to dial in camber for circuit racing.

Alvi84

i have skunk2 coilover sleevs which are ride hight adjustable and they aren't the best but they are pretty good. what you spend is what you get. i wouldn't go cheap because you're gonna have to deal with a bouncy car every time you drive it
What size tire are you on? Once my suspension is in I think I will be going lower on some 195-55 series tires.

jmsburke1

i would go with skunk2 coilover and sport shock combo, i have the skunk2 lowering springs and i like them and depending how low you want your teg you're probably going to run into camber issues i would also suggest skunk2 front and rear camber kit as well.

The4nGuy

I don't have ebay springs but I have some pretty cheap ones. I'm sitting on Dropzone springs with stock shocks. Its not the best way to go but they ride is decent for what I payed for it. I plan on upgrading soon to coilovers but since i've lowered my car on the springs, I have had no problems with them.

Last edited: