Lowering springs VS Coilovers

subbyzzz

What's your guys' opinions? I'm looking into 1.5" - 2" drop and I heard that lowering springs are better. I like tein. Opinions everybody???

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Coilovers are better because they are adjustable and on the good ones you can adjust the stiffness. If your going cheap with a mild drop lowering springs work fine. I have heard good things about teins.

subbyzzz

Yea, you pretty much summed up what I've been hearing. I'm looking at a Tein S Tech/Tokico Blues combo on Ebay for like 438 bucks.. pretty damn good deal. But for the drop first it says they're H Tech when in the title it clearly says S Tech... but it first says 1.2" drop.. then it says 2" drop, so I'm confused. I've heard that the Tein S tech springs with the Tokico blues struts are a nicceee combo for a DD. and for 438 bucks I think im sold on this setup. Opinions??

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
You're talking lowering springs vs coilover sleeves. Actual coilovers are better than both of those. That said, I had Tein a techs on stock shocks/struts without an issue for over 10k miles till I traded them for Tein basic coilovers. Lowering springs rode nice, a little bouncy but better than Oem ride IMO. However for an extra 150 or so you could just get full height adjustable Tein coilovers, better handling characteristics and adjustability is a plus

LittleB10

my teggy currently has the tein s tech and tokico blues combo. ride is nice, handles nice in the corners, a bit stiff when hit bumps or potholes...thats shitty pa roads for ya though. overall nice setup. i want to say the drop is about 1.5" all way around maybe 2" in the back. i'll post a pic in a few.

subbyzzz

my teggy currently has the tein s tech and tokico blues combo. ride is nice, handles nice in the corners, a bit stiff when hit bumps or potholes...thats s***ty pa roads for ya though. overall nice setup. i want to say the drop is about 1.5" all way around maybe 2" in the back. i'll post a pic in a few.
that'd be super nifty if you can post a pic for me so i can see what I'm looking at man :)

LittleB10

ok here is a pic, the wheel gap looks bigger than it actually is. plus the tires in that pic were damn near racing slicks lol....anyways here is a pic with the combo and its rockin 15s with 195/60 or 65 tires, i can't remember exactly and my car isn't home to check. now i don't have a recent pic with the new tires but with new tires and properly inflated, etc, the wheel gap is an inch if that. i will post a new pic on monday when i get my teggy back.