ls clutch

01lsturbo

hey guys i just got my car out of the shop today and i use to have a stage 3 clutch in it but i gotta stock factory clutch and it feels like i have to push the pedal all the way down for it to catch and the clutch doesn't catch as high is there a way to adjust the catch of the clutch?? help out plz!!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Yes, turning that rod adjusts the engagement point of the clutch
That's nice to know.... Do you know if it's only Integra's or if most cars can do that? And can you adjust the "length" of the engagement, or only the engagement point?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That's nice to know.... Do you know if it's only Integra's or if most cars can do that? And can you adjust the "length" of the engagement, or only the engagement point?
Any car with a hydraulic clutch pretty much. The master cylinder rod is threaded on the end that connects to the pedal for that reason. It only adjusts the engagement point though. The actual distance from full engage to disengage is dependent upon the clutch itself and cannot be adjusted......unless you have a DSM lol.

DSM's have a restrictor in the clutch line that only allows fluid to move so fast in order to make the clutch easy to drive for everyone and their grandmother. Remove that restrictor though and it's a fairly instant engagement, even on a stock clutch

01lsturbo

is there a diy on setting the clutch engagments?

01lsturbo

okay i adjusted the engagment point but the pedal still goes all the way down before i can get it in gear is there something else i have to do??

01lsturbo

okay thats probably it i have to bleed it is there a dyi of bleeding the clutch?? i know how to bleed the brakes but where would you bleed the clutch?