LS is best

aspec

97 black ls... Me, a buddy with a 94 ls, and a buddy with 94 GSR went racing. I beat the gsr 1 out of 2 races and the ls 2 out of 2. I'm not saying i'm some great driver or anything but damn, didn't think my LS would take a gsr ever with just bolt ons.

The gsr had CAI, header, cams, and i'm just guessing a really bad driver because I got him by 1 1/2 cars. I figured, if i could get him good off the line, I could with stand his 3rd gear vtec. which i did. the second race i had a not so good start and he caught after vtec.

I laughed so hard one time though, just for fun he dropped the gsr's clutch at 5400rpms and i thought the car was going to bounce off the ground... so much wheel hop

The other LS was just a cake-walk.

I can't wait to turbo my LS and build the motor, i'm excpecting 250 whp.

JOEY

fatfivez said:
if you are running boost, then yes, the lower compression ls motor is best.

maybe im biased because my civic AND integra are non-vtec. lol.
that doesnt make sense, boost an LS and a GSR both at the same psi on the same set up and the GSR will win every time.

TwoSix

depends on whos dirivin the car, take a 16yr old punk rich kid, who takes his teg into the shop and and dun evev no what hes puttin into the car..i shat on that kid...i friggen raped him...he was even gringing gears..i'm laffin now cuz he wuz such a loser..

fatfivez

JOEY said:
that doesnt make sense, boost an LS and a GSR both at the same psi on the same set up and the GSR will win every time.
no shit sherlock, but i would rather boost an ls motor rather than a gsr motor because the ls motor is all around better for boost. might not be as fast, but i would still rather boost the ls.

JOEY

fatfivez said:
no shit sherlock, but i would rather boost an ls motor rather than a gsr motor because the ls motor is all around better for boost. might not be as fast, but i would still rather boost the ls.
:roll: still doesnt make sense. Youd have to turn the boost up on the LS just to make up for the lack of compression and high revving of the GSR. so with more boost, which motor do you think is gonna take a dump first and still be slow?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sorry Joey but some of us dont have money to buy a new motor, then turbo it after that. We still make due with what we got, I also plan on turboing my LS. I wasnt fortunate enough to have a v-tec equipped car. :(

JOEY

Ominous G2 said:
Sorry Joey but some of us dont have money to buy a new motor, then turbo it after that. We still make due with what we got, I also plan on turboing my LS. I wasnt fortunate enough to have a v-tec equipped car. :(
yeah I know but I dont get the false assumptions that LS's are better for turbo. Ive heard this for years and mostly from ammatures. A turbo LS will be quick though. Just look at that one guys here that hits 12's. It just matters in the tuning.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
reppin a stock 96 ls for now

its a 5 speed ... i swore no more autos after my accord ... tranny started going at 160k so i sold it.

main reason i didnt go for the gsr is gas is expensive as fuck and i drive a lot (generally 30k per year) so i wasnt feelin putting in premium all the time.

Immediate plans for my car
SI rims (getting this weekend, my stock 14s are bald)
neuspeed race springs (getting this weekend, not sure when install, i have a vineyard job from july - september which requires driving on some not so good roads so maybe after that ill put em on)
hitch (i mtn bike and no way in hell im putting a roof rack on this after the one on my accord came off on the freeway)
new radiator if we cant fix the small crack in it
take these damn mudflaps off :lol:

Future plans
Clear corners
Short ram intake
DC header
Full catback exhaust. I hope i can find a used greddy evo or apexi n1 cause those sound sick

Maybes
Test pipe (once i move to humboldt county where theres no smog tests)
Retint windows (back is bubbling and they are all turning purple)
CF hood (if i can find a used one for cheap that still looks good)
Short shifter (and this is a big maybe, im pretty satisfied with the stock throw)
Stage 1 or 2 clutch WAYY in the future, its got a fairly new OEM clutch now.

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
JOEY said:
but I dont get the false assumptions that LS's are better for turbo. Ive heard this for years and mostly from ammatures.
mainly because this is the best way to make power out of a ls, without a engine swap. all motor ls (needs lots of cash for speed). get it? you see we are poor (speak for the majority) we dont have lots of $ for the car. im lucky to spend anything on my car :D

HYPE-R

Turbo it, my friend had a turbo ls and made more power than GS-R's and would walk supras all the time.

speedin

The Transporter
ScubaSTEVE1367 said:
does anyone know the fastest LS motor in 1/4 or the highest HP????

not sure if this is good for me lol ?

yea, its fine just dont lite a match, or burp near open flames :lol: . btw nice mattress back there :D .

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
TERRIBLE IDEA

someone i know had a stroke off helium straight out the bottle .. so dont play around with that stuff.