LS motor (non vtec) owning a gsr??

briansantiago11

LS VEEE
so a month ago, i swapped identical motors from my da9. b18a1. all oem parts and internals, basically just a rebuild, new rings, gasket ect.

plug it up and fire it up, check this out though... with a chipped and tuned ecu for a non vtec motor, this thing owned a b20, killed a gsr by six cars, AND a turbo single..

is a b18a1 that beasty??? or did i build it wrong? i am shocked by this!
then weeks later, my motor started to smoke, blueish white, and finnaly threw a rod.. maan this thing was amazing for not having the vtec to beat a vtec lol. what do you guys think went wrong? or do you even believe an ls motor can do this with all stock parts... i have proof of my ownage
thanks
p.s this motor had grey oil and smelled like bacon after its death

96LSteg

Jemel
People see the word "VTEC" and automatically assume that it's faster. I've beaten B16s with my B18A1 and could keep up with my brothers Turbo Talon on OEM parts. As far as throwing a rod I would imagine that you probably didn't torque something down to spec or there was some other variable that caused you to throw a rod.

Sent from your mom's room using Tapatalk

dlo253

A lot depends on the driver also....
A fresh rebuild helps also, 0miles compared to the 100k + they probly had. Tons of variables.

Royal_DA

Royal
A lot depends on the driver also....
A fresh rebuild helps also, 0miles compared to the 100k + they probly had. Tons of variables.
DAs pull hard man... post a vid if you took any :thumbs up

vTEGmorton

hell yea man. im runnin the b18a1 with with oem parts and a few other mild mods and i eat people alive. but i agree it does depend on the driver.

96LSteg

Jemel
I can attest to the B18a1 pulling hard...when my B1 spun a rod bearing and I swapped in an A1 I noticed that it pulled way harder than my B1 ever did...