ls to gsr transmission

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
you'll make better use of the b18b's power. but i have heard of people running into problems at freeway/highway speeds with the gsr tranny.

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
i can now chirp em into 3rd gear, it has shorter gears and it pulls em harder, it was worth the money. Do it man i did.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
Black94LS said:
i can now chirp em into 3rd gear, it has shorter gears and it pulls em harder, it was worth the money. Do it man i did.
hey wat are your speeds like in gear like wat do you top out in every gear and wat rpm are you at on freeway speeds

1991TeGgY Ls

lol u think ur transmission has gone to shit lol try mine sometimes i cant even get into fourth and when i go to shift into fourth i fukin hit 2nd sometimes its so fukin annoying i cant wait till i get rid of this piece of shit tranny

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The RPM's are half of what the speed is in 5th gear in a GSR tranny. For example, when doing 70 it'll be at 3500, at 60 it'll be 3000, ect.
In fourth gear, when doing 40 it'll be at 2500 rpm's. At 80 it'll be at 5000, ect.

GSR tranny's are wound tighter than LS tranny's, and Type R trannys are would even tighter than a GSR. What this accomplishes is to get you into the higher RPM's faster, because that's where our engines make their power. They aern't torque monsters as we all know :) Our stregnth is upper RPM HP, not to depend on low end TQ to get us moving.
The LS's tranny is more suited for it's engine and "intended use" because:
-The B18B's powerband/peak power is set lower in the RPM range compared to the GSR/Type R.
-The non-VTEC Integra's will average slightly better gas mileage with the longer gears because they put you at a lower RPM vs. the VTEC Tegs at a given speed.
The GSR is the sportier version of the Integra, so the slight sacrafice of mileage would be viewed as acceptable for a consumer in the market for that level of performance. Remember, I'm only referring to speed vs. RPM for the mileage argument. Many other factors affect mileage and VTEC vs. non-VTEC Tegs wind up being almost equal in overall mpg.

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
no man it is. Why not upgrade while you have the cahnce. I used to take 3rd gear up to like 90mph (Really burying the mah fuckeR) now i can get her up to maybe 85