LS turbo with 46mm wastegate

Havok114

what do you guys think about a tial 46mm wastegate on a simple ls turbo too big or does it not matter ? i planned to get a 38mm but i got this one in a trade

Prozon

Kris
Interesting thought. I never see people running that big unless they are like 500hp+
What is your power goal in the end? I'm running a Google search, so I will let you know what all I come up with.. but i'm sure Josh or another one of the more experienced F/I guys will chime in.

Prozon

Kris
Hmm. From a quick search I can't see anything saying it would be bad to use it.. but it does seem a bit big for your needs..

If no one chimes in, you always have Google..

Havok114

Nothing more than 250hp its a ls on stock internals my friend I got it from had it on his 11.2 sec integra , I traded him my nitrous kit for a manifold , dumptube , and wastegate .

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
only reason you would really need something that large is if you have creep issues due to horrible waste gate placement, or trying to run very low boost on a large turbocharger, in which you would need to be diverting a large amount of exhaust gas through the wastegate.

Havok114

only reason you would really need something that large is if you have creep issues due to horrible waste gate placement, or trying to run very low boost on a large turbocharger, in which you would need to be diverting a large amount of exhaust gas through the wastegate.
I got it in a trade for my nitrous kit along with a manifold and dumptube .