LS/Turbo

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
Aight Fellaz/Ladiez I finally figured out what I'am going to do wit my LS turbo i found this ebay turbo kit here is link if you want to check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-01-ACURA-INTEGRA-GS-RS-LS-T3-T4-TURBO-KIT-450_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a054040a6QQitemZ180476723366QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I know its in EBAY kit and that it sucks but its my car also i need to know what is a good boost control im trying to look but there is different kinds idk if i need a certain one can any of you guys help me out i would really appriciate it thanks alot:):)

DAs_an_DCs

Aight Fellaz/Ladiez I finally figured out what I'am going to do wit my LS turbo i found this ebay turbo kit here is link if you want to check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-01-ACURA-INTEGRA-GS-RS-LS-T3-T4-TURBO-KIT-450_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a054040a6QQitemZ180476723366QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I know its in EBAY kit and that it sucks but its my car also i need to know what is a good boost control im trying to look but there is different kinds idk if i need a certain one can any of you guys help me out i would really appriciate it thanks alot:):)
uhh, sorry to say this but those kits are lame. The manifolds dont usally hold up but that one looks ok i guess, cus its cast iron. The turbos on those are absolute shit, same with the BOV and wastegate. u can get away with the intercooler/pipng.

BTW if you read the wastegate info you can adjust the boost between 5-25psi. so u dont need a boost controller just a boost gauge.

These kits are not quality bro, for your sake at least buy a quality: Turbo, BOV, wastegate. Also remember youll need new injectors to run this turbo safely. Its ur call, but it takes some knowledge to do the install and get things running smooth. Is it really worth the risk of blowing ur motor jus to spool up with a gay kit?!?!

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
uhh, sorry to say this but those kits are lame. The manifolds dont usally hold up but that one looks ok i guess, cus its cast iron. The turbos on those are absolute shit, same with the BOV and wastegate. u can get away with the intercooler/pipng.

BTW if you read the wastegate info you can adjust the boost between 5-25psi. so u dont need a boost controller just a boost gauge.

These kits are not quality bro, for your sake at least buy a quality: Turbo, BOV, wastegate. Also remember youll need new injectors to run this turbo safely. Its ur call, but it takes some knowledge to do the install and get things running smooth. Is it really worth the risk of blowing ur motor jus to spool up with a gay kit?!?!
your rite didnt read about the boost controller...i know its a risk to do but hell i just need more HP but thanks for the tip..

Boriballer08

not entirely true bro,my cousing is running his ls with a ebay kit and he's been running like that for almost 2 years with no significant problem beside his manifold cracking,he just takes good care of her and not stomp the shit out of her just to impress people,im doin the same setup and of course i will agree that it's not the best setup there is but for budget people like us it works,

dude just get the right injectors and get ur ecu chipped and have it tune real nice,u shouldnt have any problems unless u beat on it super hard,good luck with the build!!!

DAs_an_DCs

not entirely true bro,my cousing is running his ls with a ebay kit and he's been running like that for almost 2 years with no significant problem beside his manifold cracking,he just takes good care of her and not stomp the shit out of her just to impress people,im doin the same setup and of course i will agree that it's not the best setup there is but for budget people like us it works,

dude just get the right injectors and get ur ecu chipped and have it tune real nice,u shouldnt have any problems unless u beat on it super hard,good luck with the build!!!
do what u will, jus dont expect any street credit or props for ebay kits. ill take a NA engine thats solid over a shotty turbo anyday. b18c1, B18c5, B16a, K20, k24. with so many NA chioces why go cheap and get a lame turbo setup.

Last edited:

blaketeg

I <3 Boost

x2, my ebay it almost to years old also

i got a different bov and wastegate but as long as you take care of the turbo, oil changes at 2500 miles with full synthetic and let the oil cool before shutting the car off, they will last just as long as a name brand.
probably have 15k on my ebay turbo

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!

x2, my ebay it almost to years old also

i got a different bov and wastegate but as long as you take care of the turbo, oil changes at 2500 miles with full synthetic and let the oil cool before shutting the car off, they will last just as long as a name brand.
probably have 15k on my ebay turbo
thanks for the feed back guys im deff going to go threw with this appriciate the feed backs glad im not the only one here doing the whole ebay turbo thing lol..also blackteg my i ask for the link you got your turbo kit off is it the same one as this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-01-ACURA-INTEGRA-GS-RS-LS-T3-T4-TURBO-KIT-450_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a054040a6QQitemZ180476723366QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories let me know thanks.

Last edited:
do what u will, jus dont expect any street credit or props for ebay kits. ill take a NA engine thats solid over a shotty turbo anyday. b18c1, B18c5, B16a, K20, k24. with so many NA chioces why go cheap and get a lame turbo setup.
I agree with you that eBay kits are crap, but I see it that way for a different reason. The ebay kits are junk turbos, and the manifolds aren't worth shit either.

But uh... "street credit"...who, over the age of 16 actually worries about that?:roll:

Boriballer08

street credit?? dude shut up!! some people dont care bout street credit (ME!!!!) everybody has their own style and way of thinking,i do my own work and i can give a rats ass to who ever likes it or not,now let me ask you have you ever done a ebay turbo kit setup on your whip? guess not,so ur assuming that they are bad,it's a debate that has grown and grown but there's not a true answer to this debate,yes yes yes they are offbrand and your taking a chance on it,but as a start you cant go wrong...to people that has never done turbo ever,this is the way to go.

blaketeg has help me with some pointers in the built,he just told you that his built has work for him,with some diff. mods,take maintenance to priority,do some homework and we are here for you on any question,although
doin some research never hurts,quick pointer that ebay kit your looking at is missing some key components

*fuel pump-walbro 255
*oil line kit
*injectors
*piping still needs to be cut/modified
*gauges(boost,oil pressure)

get all your parts,do a compression test/leak down test(how healthy is your engine) and go from there...do your thing man and good luck!!!

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
Alright this guy is selling be a turbo kit decent price 850 this it all it has Turbo- Brand New never used as you can see in the pics... JDM SPORT T3/T4 TURBO serial number = TB00909302
I have a Precision Turbo on my Car now.----- 200

Turbo Manifold- Custom-Made by A Local Shop in NC --- T3 Flange Log Manifold. Great Condition No Problems at all--200

External Wastegate- Tial Wastegate with an 8 PSI spring. Some wear from rubbing but in perfect working condition---120

Front Mount Intercooler Kit- JDM Sport intercooler and piping. Some normal wear but perfect working condition --- 150

ECU- Chipped OBD1 P75 ECU. Chipped with 2 basemaps ready for tuning from XENOCRON Tuning --170

ECU CONVERSION HARNESS OBD2A-OBD1---30

HONDA RESISTOR BOX TO RUN DSM INJECTORS---15

Injectors- DSM 450CC Injectors. Great Working Condition. One Injector missing spintle cap. DOES NOT EFFECT PERFORMANCE---100

Fuel Pump- BRAND NEW NEVER USED Walbro 255i Fuel Pump with hardware --- 80

Blow Off Valve- HKS BOV in great condition. Sounds Amazing--- 130

Oil feed and Return- BRAND NEW NEVER USED Oil feed and return kit WITH oil restrictor to prevent blown seals --- 90

All Hardware Included for All Parts!!

what i dont under stand is that do i have to change my ECU to OBD1 beacuse he said that im going to have to and he has the ECU for the OBD1 chiped ? and if this is all i need and if its a good price i think it is IMO.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I agree with you that eBay kits are crap, but I see it that way for a different reason. The ebay kits are junk turbos, and the manifolds aren't worth shit either.

But uh... "street credit"...who, over the age of 16 actually worries about that?:roll:
me cuz i leik dem streetz n street racez that shiz mad jdm yo!

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
haha, yeah, you get what you pay for, your obviously set on this so ill help you out the best i can. dont expect/try to get a major hp gain, just keep it >10 psi just have fun with the spool lol, as you go you can peice together a more quality kit, that would be easiest IMO.
youl deffinately need injectors, and fuel pump like you said
and make sure the clamps are good on the piping, my piping keeps blowing off lol.