Ls-v

01lsturbo

hey guys i just got done building my pr3 head and i just got it put back together and retimed everything. i am running on stock p28 with a v-afc ll, i have the stock ls tranny on it still. when i drive it, it seems like its choking or seems like somethings holding it back any recommendations? or opinions? anything would be helpful thanks guys!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
do you have a catalytic converter on it still? could be plugged up.
and by choking, what do you mean? like it has no power? or mis-fires?

01lsturbo

sorry no theres no cat on its open headers right now i got new plugs and wires, i can hear vtec open but not all the way and theres no power.

sorry no theres no cat on its open headers right now i got new plugs and wires, i can hear vtec open but not all the way and theres no power.
Get rid of that bullshit VAFC. It's a piece of shit. Take your P28 to a tuner and get it socketed and chipped with a decent base map put on it. Then have it tuned.
Vtec either engages or it doesn't. It's not a half ass sorta thing.
If all the other things that were mentioned aren't the issue, as you say, it leads me to believe that your tune(if you can even call using a VAFC a tune) is way off.
You're probably running lean and the ECU is kicking back the timing and she's running like ass because of it.

That and you should get a B16 or GSR trans soon. LS gearing is so long...