LS/VTEC and tranny question

Renegadex96

This may be a dumb question, but i'm just wondering if you swap out a b18b head for a b18c head, do you need to do any work on the tranny to support the new head??? I woudln't think so, but I just wanna be sure

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
Nope, I plan on running the LS tranny just because I have to drive about 20 minutes to work everyday, and don't wanna be in vtec the whole time.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
No, you don't have to switch out the tranny, but I plan to get a GS-R tranny with LSD when I do my LS VTEC build.

SlammedCivic

Like said above it is usually done just because of the lag the LS tranny brings. LS tranny is great on gas mileage, but sucks for all motor performance.

JustaSolVTEC

Kamikaze™ said:
Nope, I plan on running the LS tranny just because I have to drive about 20 minutes to work everyday, and don't wanna be in vtec the whole time.
you won't be in VTEC at all unless you plan on running 100+mph to work everyday...

Winki

Undercover mod
all depends on how you get your car tuned , but eaither way LS tranny no good foe vtec motors gears are just to long for good all motor power. people act like its that big of a deal when GSRs are at 4K goin 80 it happens why do VTEC if your not going to enjoy it as much as posible, B16 tranny FTW :D