LS/VTEC b18b1 block w/ b16a2

sleeperintegra

I know this is a common mixture but i can't seem to find a list of stuff i'll need to do this particular setup. can someone help me out? i don't need hardcore racing stuff, just the basics to give me a little pick-me-up. muchas gracis :mrgreen:

DownShift96GSR

One thing I know you'll need is the LS/VTEC hardwar kit. The kit is sold on INLINEFOUR.com under ENGINE and then go under ACCESSORIES. You'll need it for your VTEC oil route.

sleeperintegra

DownShift96GSR said:
One thing I know you'll need is the LS/VTEC hardwar kit. The kit is sold on INLINEFOUR.com under ENGINE and then go under ACCESSORIES. You'll need it for your VTEC oil route.
i've already gotten the oil line conversion kit and the programmed ecu. is there anything internals-wise or is stock good enough? also wire harness or is my stock one okay?

Last edited:

DownShift96GSR

Go to this site here -----> http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcalc/compcalc.php (copy and paste) to find out what pistons to go with. Just pick the block you have and pick the head you have and then pick the pistons you want to find what compression you wanna go with. For your bottom end I'd get Crower Rods and an ITR balanced crankshaft (Spoon makes one). Make sure you got a good valve train. I say at least have a Type R set up. But since your building it from the bottom up, I'd personally go with Skunk2. I'm not exactly sure about the harness, but get OBD1

hyper98gsr

what exactly are you looking for? i have a friend with a b20vtec running 12's in colorado. if i cant help you i can ask him.

sleeperintegra

i'm not lookin to go all hardcore, i just want to know what would be good internals and stuff to get, sorta like best bang for the buck, me bein po' and all :)

hyper98gsr

i would say itr pistons and rings. they are fairly cheap. and use the stock si valvetrain until you can afford better. just buy peice at a time.

sleeperintegra

i found this shit for sale: does it sound good?
You are bidding on a B16A2 head from a second gen b16a VTEC motor. This head was meant for OBD-1 cars but can be used in the OBD-0 cars also. Head includes everything you see in the photo's. It DOES NOT include the distriburtor. I can throw in a brand new Cometic headgasket for an LS/VTEC conversion or just a B16A motor. Also, this head is already setup to be ran on a LS block if you so desire. The head has been ported and polished. The port job was preformed by Extrudhone and is just a mild street port. The valve train is all Ferrea and is complete with new guides, seals, locks, retainers, dual valve springs and valves. The cams are Integra Type R cams from Honda of Japan. They are brand new and were ordered straight from Honda of Japan. This head is fresh and has not been ran. Included but not clear in the picture is a set of JG/Edlebrock adjustable cam gears. Thanks for looking and happy bidding! Shipping will be 60.00 in the lower 48 states with express shipping. International shipments are available but I need to be contacted to give you a correct shipping quote.

but my main concern in just basic parts. whats gonna get my car up and runnin...

Last edited: