LS VTEC Help. Enlighten me

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Hey guys hows it going. been a while since I was last on here. finally put together an engine and need some feedback and help. This is my first build so bear with me.. there is still some stuff im not good at. I have searched but want a more detailed answer. first of my build specs

96 LS block
81mm stock bore honed
Nippon itr jdm pistons
eagle rods
arp rod bolts.
acl bearings
king main bearings.
acl thrust washers
itr oil and water pump
whole rotating assembly has been balanced

Cometic b16 headgasket
arp headstuds
Head is a b16.
New oem Valves
New valve seals
New steel retainers
and ZEX COMP Springs.
2nd gen b16 manifold
bwr cam gears
full race lsvtec kit

I currently have GSR cams.

will also be buying injectors and fuel pump

Now on to the questions.
Im looking to get a cam but don't know shit about them. I want to keep my revs below 8600 but have a good powerband. Im looking to autocross my car. its also my daily. I wanna stay using 91 octane since that's all we have. Ive been debating whether to get crower all motor stage 2s or skunk2 tuner stage 2. also wanna upgrade manifolds but have no experience with any aftermarket ones. also have a stock breather box. will it bolt up to the block or no? worst case i can just run a oil catch can. my budget isn't huge but I don't want too cheap out so looking for something mild and affordable. Has anyone ran a similar setup? been searching for days and haven't seen anyone run a similar build. I know im such a noob still so don't bash me lol. im 19 and learning ..
anymore helpful advice and criticism is welcomed. thanks guys

Muckman

Not a M0derator
ITR cams are always everyones favorite choice for a mild street car.
Eagle rods come with ARP rod bolts.
You listed ACL and King bearings, pick one.
No such thing as ITR oil and water pump. Its just a VTEC pump. Same part numbers as GSR.
Dont bother with new valves unless they are damaged.
Dont forget new valve guides and a 3 angle valve job.
Consider ITR valve springs over ZEX.
ZEX?
Dont bother with adjustable cam gears.
You don't need to bother with a fuel pump or injectors.

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
I meant acl lol.. I understand part numbers are the same. my bad on that
all the stuff listed is what I already have. new valves and valve guides are in already. I also already installed the comp dual valve springs. so no going back. only reason I picked them was because a close friend has never had issues with them... and why no cam gears????? lsvtecs are never on point with timing and have never seen one without them. im only gonna upgrade to 350cc injectors already. fuel pump im waiting on. and already ordered a fpr.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
So you plan to compensate for the deck height with adjustable cam gears. Ok then. Sounds like you are headed down the right path.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I'm using Edelbrock street/strip 4370 cams right now. They're quite similar to type R's, slightly more aggressive. Great for a more mild setup, and they like living between 4500-8500. They produce decent midrange power as well, so they'll be useful in autocross. Only reason I went with them vs. ITR/CTR is because I got a smokin' deal on a BNIB set and I'm quite happy. The Crower stage 2's are also awesome cams for an middle-of-the-road NA car. Just make sure your piston-to-valve clearances all checkout when deciding on a cam. Since you're going with ITR pistons, it shouldn't be as much of an issue but it never hurts to be sure.