ls/vtec help

HK254

I have rebuilt my engine to run ls/vtec I have everything EXCEPT the head. I have a b18a block andni was thinking of putting a b20 vtec head yes or no?

mirrorimg

There is no such thing as a B20 VTEC head.

Your options are limited to the GSR (B18C1), the Type R (B18C5), the B16, or the B17 (Second gen, B series VTEC Head), or a JDM version of one of these motors.

Josh73

is ls vtec worth it? like how much more power will u get? i was thinkin abt it also

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
LS Vtec and B20 Vtec depend on what tune you get and what cams you use and if you build it or not. Stock LS vtec is not worth it, i rather put the ls crank and rods in a gsr with p30 pistons. But people say "its like a gsr with more torque" when stock. I personally wouldnt build a ls vtec, i would build a b20 vtec to accomodate more aggressive cams

Josh73

word, i dont wanna waste my money then, id rather just save up and do a full swap, im still debating, i might just better my body lookin good first.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it depends on what you want it for and what you see as being pros and cons to it. I wouldnt do it unless its a b20 because skunk2 pro2 and skunk2 pro3 cams dont like 1.8L but then again i road race

acura1

I am in the process of bulding a b20/vtech.once we install the motor(tomorrow) then i will be getting a b16 headand Golden egale kit to tap the vtec head this is what a am building.My motor just came in as of yesterday.So had to prep it for Saturday to be installed.Will keep you informed.

JDMb20DC2

I am in the process of bulding a b20/vtech.once we install the motor(tomorrow) then i will be getting a b16 headand Golden egale kit to tap the vtec head this is what a am building.My motor just came in as of yesterday.So had to prep it for Saturday to be installed.Will keep you informed.
its VTEC not Vtech.

rexpepper123

ive been thinking about the same thing doing vtec on my b18b1 or just saving the money and building the motor for boost but cant decide :/

acura1

Sorry that happens when you brain is going faster than your hands on the keyboard (sorry) thanks again.keep me informed Big
Mike i don't live too far from you. Mabey after the holidays we can meet?

acura1

My guess would be a b16 that is the route i was going to go before i purchase my b20. I was going to take the head off my B18
and put a b16 head on it, but then the guys at the shop told me it would be cheaper to buy a b20 that will bolt in my car, and then buy a b16/vtec head you will be much more happier.Latter they told me also save my money and get a b16 trany (shorter gears) this will help with your getting through your gears faster.Plus the b20 is a 2.0 and has more torque,and once i get it tuned this will also increase not only horsepower,but torque also.So look for a b16 head.

H8BOOST

i am in the process of doing a ls/vtec turbo set up just waiting for the head to be finished and then peakboost to finish my kit. i hope that i have made a good choice in this....