Ls Vtec help!!!

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Alright, so I got my lsv in the car and all sensors, grounds and everything hooked up. Timing is right, did valve lash. Now it gets fuel and spark, cranks just fine. It wont fire!.

Some specs.
B18a block
B16a head
Skunk2 pro 2's
Buddy club cam gears
N1 pulley
And some other stuff

Had all the timing marks lined up, plug wires in correct order, but no go!

Any suggestions?? I've searched all day, and it comes back with the same shit. Check timing, grounds, blah blah blah. I've done all that!

phatintegra

Banned
Skunk2 Stage 2 cams on stock internal (springs, valves, retainers, etc.)?

cboe90DA

Alright, so I got my lsv in the car and all sensors, grounds and everything hooked up. Timing is right, did valve lash. Now it gets fuel and spark, cranks just fine. It wont fire!.

Some specs.
B18a block
B16a head
Skunk2 pro 2's
Buddy club cam gears
N1 pulley
And some other stuff

Had all the timing marks lined up, plug wires in correct order, but no go!

Any suggestions?? I've searched all day, and it comes back with the same s***. Check timing, grounds, blah blah blah. I've done all that!
sounds like ur over looking something make sure u got everything pluged in. check dizzy main hanes plugs ect.

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
Got it runnin.. like shit, but it runs lol. Still gotta figure out the damn vacuum lines with this intake setup.. skunk2 tb and manifold = lacking vacuum compared to stock haha

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
did you degree in the cams? those cams require you to degree them in.

cboe90DA

Got it runnin.. like s***, but it runs lol. Still gotta figure out the damn vacuum lines with this intake setup.. skunk2 tb and manifold = lacking vacuum compared to stock haha
if your cams are set at 0 degrees it should still run fine if its running ruff u prob off a tooth or something double check it.

KNOWtheLEDGE

1 800 GETATME
clear things up a bit..
b16 head
supertech flat valves
il4 dual springs and ti. retainers
skunk2 pro 2 cams
buddy club cam gears
skunk2 68mm tb
skunk2 proseries manifold

b18a block 81.5mm
cp 11:1 pistons
eagle rods
golden eagle lsv kit
plm rmf header

now. ive got a pretty bad oil leak up front at the head gasket. right below the vtec solenoid. i was thinking maybe i messed up the gasket somehow. i do have another head gasket, but its for a ls stock bore. is it okay to run the stock bore gasket even though im .5 over?

as for it running right.. i got the timing pretty on point, but the idle is wack.. ive got the vacuum lines hooked up, best i can anyways.. all sensors are hooked up. i start it up and it jumps up to 4000+ rpm before i kill it.. ive had the idle down around 1000 but then itll begin to climb back up, so i gotta pull the throttle back some and itll go down. still holding the throttle damn near closed, itll still climb up!

and come to find out, the tranny i bought has no reverse.. cool huh.. ill be pullin that and throwing in the old ls ys1.. grind away!