ls vtec help

blowcane

hey guys im new to this site and doing my first ls vtec swap in my 92 da but im not really sure how to go about the wiring and ecu im not very good at that stuff so hopefully someone on here can help me out im putting a 99 civic b16 head on my b18a block in my 92 integra so i know the heads 0bd2 and the cars 0bd1 so how do i go about wiring it up any adapters i can buy to make life alittle easier also not sure what ecu would be best to use thanks

trolleyassassin

almost famous
Well you can get a p30 ecu witch is obd1 as far as wiring you should be good besides the injector plugs and if you have a vtec motor harness it makes things soooooo much easier or eles you will have to pin it in.... I have lsvtec so I felt exactly how you did lol

blowcane

thanks man thats really helpfull what about the vtec sub harnnesses would that save me from pinning the ecu ? if i cant find a full vtec harness

blowcane

also i just remembered i have a b17 harness kickin around somewhere would that work ?

cboe90DA

all u have to do is swap out all the obd1 sensors from ur ls head and put them in ur b16 head. use ur ls injectors and throtle body and use the ls harness. and u have the add the vtec wires to ur ecu. which will have to be a obd1 vtec ecu p30 etc. or use a jumper. theres a few ways to do it. and its not hard to do. as long as u have the b18 block tapped for vtec b16 head taped as well and b16 intake mani and a obd1 ecu p72 p30 etc ecu all other components from ur ls will work with the swap good luck. keep us updated.

blowcane

thanks man also what sensors will i have to swap off my ls head sorry about all the questions just wiring things up is confusing to me lol