LS/VTEC, ITR tranny, need help

NA_integ

okay so everybody is telling me not to go LS/VTec for some reason they said that it is not reliable is that true?

and also they have told me that ls/vtec is better than buying the engine and its much stronger? if so why?

plz help me i need help

oh one more thing why is the itr tranny so great is it that big of a difference from a gsr or ls tranny why?

thanx guys for all the help!
oscar

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
ok...me personally i would do an ls/vtec if you have a good shop nearby that knows how to tune (i get mine tuned at Kingmotorsports)...tuning is the key to building a reliable motor...my buddy had a stock b18b block matted to a stock gsr head and made 178 whp and 125 ft-lbs...so a "stock" ls/vtec will make as much power as a type r would...

the ITR tranny is so great for really two reasons....one is factory lsd and two because of the shorter gearing. I have a 96-97 ITR on my car and i love it...now when im on the highway @ 80mph at 4500 rpms is kinda annoying but im am always in the power band...the USDM ITR's have a 4.4 final...but if you can get a 98+ JDM ITR they have the 4.7 final drive

tunerauti

Jdm Lover
there have been issues with the build in the past... but if done right and with the right parts it could be an amazing build

LSvtecboi

the reliability of the ls/vtec all depends on what you put into it... if you do it cheap then you are going to get a cheap motor... do it right and it will last just as long as any other build.