Ls/vtec?

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
Sup Fellow CI Members just wanted to know i want to swap my 1999 LS Auto to a VTEC I' m trying to find a site or someone who can sell me just the Head because i really want to do a swap if anyone knows anybody selling one or a website I want to see the pricing range and also if anyone knows what else i need to do if i do change to LS/VTEC thanks alot fellas and ladies.

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
Sup Fellow CI Members just wanted to know i want to swap my 1999 LS Auto to a VTEC I' m trying to find a site or someone who can sell me just the Head because i really want to do a swap if anyone knows anybody selling one or a website I want to see the pricing range and also if anyone knows what else i need to do if i do change to LS/VTEC thanks alot fellas and ladies.
oil feed line/plate adater
lsvtec dowel pins
ls head gasket
vtec head gsr/b16
intake manny gsr/b16
vtec ecu or chipped one
u can wire your vtec or get a vtec engine harness

those are the basics that i can remember

White_Rabbit

You'll also need to drill the block for a knock sensor. Since Vtec motors use a knock sensors and LS's do not. I just picked up a b16 head with 2 bent valves. I got me a set of AEM adjustable cam gears and type r cams to go along with it. For TB i'm using a skunk2 68mm TB. Got a set of CTR pistons bored .20 over as well. I'm psyched to get this thing in my car now.

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
Well i called this mechaninc today they work strictly on hondas so here is what he told me He has a 2001 GSR head that he is selling for 400 and i told him hey do you guys swap it out and all that stuf he said he does he also gave me in estimate on what im going to spend he said for him to change the computer the head the water hose and timing belt plus labor he said 2,000 because he told me that if i do get a gsr head that i will have to change the water hose the timing belts and other stuff all to GSR.. is that true and if so tell me if it a decent price

phatintegra

Banned
If you are keeping it Auto. You need to hunt down a JDM SIR-G ECU if your going with the GSR Head. If you decide to go with a B16 Head you need to hunt down a JDM P30 B16 Auto ECU and these 2 ECU are hard to find. You prob can get away wiring a VTEC controller to your stock LS ECU.

Do you have OBD1 or OBD2? State emission?

Last edited:

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Just buy a Blox or Golden Eagle LS/VTEC conversion kit.

I've got an LS/VTEC swap in my Civic.

Oh, and I know a guy who does LS/VTEC conversions for $1400... installed, all parts, AND tuned. But he's in CA.