Ls/vtec

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
g3teg97 said:
I'm going to keep this N/A so the higher the compression the better?
But it's still going to be your daily right? remember need to keep it runnung on pump gas, too high comp=knocking

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Right. It's going to be daily driven.

I found this on www.hondaswap.com:

9.6:1 - P74 LS Pistons
10.0:1 - P72 GSR Pistons
10.8:1 - P73 US ITR Pistons
11.0:1 - P73 JDM ITR Pistons
11.5:1 - PR3 Pistons
11.7:1 - P30 Pistons
12.4:1 - CTR Pistons

These are just Honda pistons. Do you know anything about aftermarket pistons and their compression?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
g3teg97 said:
Right. It's going to be daily driven.

I found this on www.hondaswap.com:

9.6:1 - P74 LS Pistons
10.0:1 - P72 GSR Pistons
10.8:1 - P73 US ITR Pistons
11.0:1 - P73 JDM ITR Pistons
11.5:1 - PR3 Pistons
11.7:1 - P30 Pistons
12.4:1 - CTR Pistons

These are just Honda pistons. Do you know anything about aftermarket pistons and their compression?
Aft. you can get whatever all you gotta do is hit them up and theill make you whatever but 12.4 comp with some TODA 4's cams with a smsp header and some tuning will yield about 190 whp while still runing on pump gas, any higher in comp and it will knock

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Here's a b20vtec setup I found

b20 stock block with ported jdm b16a head

cp pistons forged 11.8:1 slugs and rings
and race prepped cranksaft

Jun type 3 cams with omni springs and retainers

ITR intake manifold with bored itr throtle body

Evolution Industries cam gears

320 RC engineering injectors

ITR header with 2.5 inch custom exhaust

socketed pr3 ecu with APEXI V AFC

PUTTING DOWN 214HP TO THE WHEELS, NOW THAT'S SOMETHING
pretty simple set up, its on a rex :shock:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
That's bad ass. Where'd you find that at?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
g3teg97 said:
That's bad ass. Where'd you find that at?
One of my old honda tuning mags, only ls/vtec set up i've found so far but I got a shitload of them mag's ill keep looking

lsvtecmyke

if your planning to do a daily driver ls/vtec, just dont forget to use arp rod bolts. im pretty sure ur going to want to rev past 8 grand. thats what i have in my setup and i have had my swap for about a year now, and no major problems. also if u want to get pistons for your car, go with the usdm type r..it will keep ur compression right under 11.1 . thats my :twocents:

lsvtecmyke

btw..
p73-00 JDM ITR
p73-A0 USDM ITR - this is the one u want with the combination of the larger displacement of the b18b as it will yield about 11.1

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'm planning to use this as a daily driver and most likely not going to rev past 8400 - 8500 rpm all the time. I have a part list that I've been putting together. I'll post it up later.

SlammedTeggy

Okay guys so im getting my hands on some USDM Type R pistons. Great for my LS V-tec. The guy im buying them from has offered me some P72 type R rods that go with it. My question good for my LsVtec or bad. Honda Tech im confused. B16 Head. Lemme know if anyone is running this setup.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'm confused from your post.

I'm planning on doing this build by summer. There's a couple guys that have the LS/VTEC done on here, I think.

SlammedTeggy

Sorry to confuse you but im just saying can I stick ITR rods with ITR pistons into my LSvtec build with an LS crank?