lsd or not

drekollister

im not sure if my ls has a lsd or not. ive been told to do a burn out and if one wheel spins then its not lsd but what if both of my wheels spin like 2 solid black marks up the road? lsd?

91LSVTEC

It may be one that came with LSD or they just swaped the tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mirrorimg

It may be one that came with LSD or they just swaped the tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only Integra that came factory with LSD is the Type R.

Take both axles out, if you can see straight through the transmission, it has LSD. This is a surefire way to know if the transmission has an LSD installed. Im not very sure about the next two.

Jack one of the front wheels off the ground. Try rotating it. If it spins freely with little effort you dont have an LSD. If it takes a little force it probably has an LSD.

I also have heard this, but canst confirm as I dont have an LSD. With both front wheels off the ground and the vehicle in neutral, rotate one of the wheels. If they both turn the same direction, you should have an LSD.

Nick_C78

Common misconception is that if both wheel leave a black mark its LSD. You can get the factory open diff to spin both wheels in the right situation. If they both leave a mark during a turn, thats how you know. Otherwise you just need to remove an axle and look like 91 LS said.

What makes you think it had a diff installed in to the LSD trans?

Everything you need to know about bseries trannys.
http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/Bgears.htm

drekollister

Oo ok. Well I'll jack it up when I get the chance. So spun one forward and the other will go the same way if lsd? Or spin the oposite way

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
yeah jack up the car and spin the wheels. one should go clockwise and the other will go counter clockwise

That's how an open diff will act as well sometimes. If you just Jack up one front wheel and leave the other in the ground, when you go to spin one it should become impossible to turn, or at least have lots of resistance.