lsv ecu?

00tegls

im doing a lsvtec. it has a b16 head and im fully building it and turbo. my question is because this is my first time doing one, what ecu should i use because im going to need to tune it. my ecu right now is just a ls ecu. what goes with changing and chipping a ecu? THANKS!

00tegls

what obd would be best or can hondata work for any? sorry im new to the motor work. i mostly do body work lol

94rs-gharp

obd 1 would be best but thenn you have to buy all the conversion kits depending on what year your motor and head are then buying the right ecu: just do LOTS and LOTS of research. And the most Important thing for you to do is RESEARCH!

00tegls

im not sure the year of the head he just said its a b16 is there a way to tell?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
For starters you can add vtec to any obd1 ecu (you have to solder the ecu), secondly Hondata s300 isn't an ecu...its a fuel management program. Secondly the obd has nothing to do with the motor its self, it has to do with the wiring, injectors, ecu and distributor. If you have an 00 Integra like your thing on the left states then you will need to convert it to obd1 in order to tune it, there are thousands of write-ups on line on how to do it.

mjones73

Adding VTEC just adds another level of complexity to the tuning with a turbo, unless you're aiming for some ultra high level of power, just leave it as a B18B1 to keep it simple IMHO...

00tegls

thanks nerk! you were a big help and mjones i already have the other lsvtec turbo motor i just have to have the block redone and im droping it in