lsv oil pump?

Lerkz11

i have a b18a1 block with a b16 head i was wondering if i should upgrade my oil pump and if the type-r pump will fit. thank you.

mirrorimg

All newer oil pumps are the same.

The oil pump was redesigned in 96, and everything since then has been the same pump.

mirrorimg

Yes.

But I dont think it matters. I believe that when you try to buy an oil pump for your car, you automatically get the newer model one. They did away with the old pump design and substituted the part numbers. You need to make sure this is correct when you buy one, but Im fairly certain it is.

Yes.

But I dont think it matters. I believe that when you try to buy an oil pump for your car, you automatically get the newer model one. They did away with the old pump design and substituted the part numbers. You need to make sure this is correct when you buy one, but Im fairly certain it is.
Isn't there a spline difference in the non-vtec and vtec oil pumps?

mirrorimg

Paden, are you referring to the gear for the timing belt? I believe they are the same tooth count. The differences between the VTEC and non-VTEC timing belt teeth counts are the water pump. And the water pumps are designed differently as well for cavitation purposes.

I read an article on T-I that the writer documented the differences in oil pumps and I believe the part numbers (what you can purchase now).

I think the only difference is a simple washer that increases oil pressure. The pumps should be same whether they are for a B18C1/C5 or B18B1/A1.

Last edited:
Paden, are you referring to the gear for the timing belt? I believe they are the same tooth count. The differences between the VTEC and non-VTEC timing belt teeth counts are the water pump. And the water pumps are designed differently as well for cavitation purposes.

I read an article on T-I that the writer documented the differences in oil pumps and I believe the part numbers (what you can purchase now).

I think the only difference is a simple washer that increases oil pressure. The pumps should be same whether they are for a B18C1/C5 or B18B1/A1.
That could be it. I just remember one of the gears that the timing belt turned had a different amount of teeth between the vtec and non vtec. It's been a while since I had the LSV, so I'm a bit rusty on all the ins and outs...

esco115

Fawk a Title!
I hate when ppl state "oh get a type r oil pump", guys there is no such thing as a type r oil pump... When u go to honda/acura and ask for an oil pump the part number will read 15100-P72-A01... <- this pump is the same as a b16awtfever or a b18cwtfever... Just say vtec oil pump or gsr pump as P72 is known as a gsr model... :jesus:

P.S saying u bought the pump for or off a ITR motor doesnt make u any cooler or faster!

Lerkz11

thanx for all the input guys. im surely going to buy a new oil pump knowing all this. i have one more question though.
im going al motor with my lsv and i was wondering if its a good idea to bore it to 2.0 and buy b20 pistons or if i should just stay with 1.8 and hone out my sleeves. im looking to make power out of this and avoiding turbo b cause i want to make a b18 non/vtec turbo with the motor thats in my car now. and btw, do you think that 250hp is in sight with buddy club spec 3 cams high comp pistons and high perf. int and exh upgrades on my lsv? a ball park figure would be nice.=D thank you.

oh and i forgot to ask. what would be a good compression ratio to go with in an all motor lsv as far as pistons go. type r spec seems good to me (10+) but i want some advice from experience if you know what i mean. thanx again

Last edited:

lshitegra90

then it doesnt matter if you say type r oil pump cause they will know what you mean. and i dont think my car is faster because i say i have a type r oil pump. i didnt know they were the same, now i do. when you explain stuff you are supposed to be helpful. at least you werent a douche about it. < sarcasm in case you didnt catch it

esco115

Fawk a Title!
oh trust me kid u havent seen douche yet... if u think that was douche ur really a noob. lol

Lerkz11

well this still doesnt help me that much. i stopped douching a long time ago, ever since my vagina got burnt. but i would still like to know if i should bore my motor out to 2.0 and match the pistons and what comp ratio i should go with or if i should stay 1.8 and get high comp pistons. mind you im going n/a and im putting alot of money into this so i would like to make it right the first time. please let me know. in about 2 weeks im sending my motor in to get machined.