lsv turbo build questions

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
im gonna do a lsv b18b1 block gsr head im gonna do rods and pistons but my question is what kind of rods do I get? do I order for a ls block or a gsr? also I heard of the ls rods with arp studs can hold a lot of boost their was a guy on Honda tech had a stock lsv boosted 20psi dd I wanted to know how true this could be. also what intake mani is the best to run? and are ramhorns best headers to use

TheCrimsonStar

No such thing as a "stock ls/VTEC" they're all custom. There are TONS of threads on here about ls/VTEC builds. Look some up. Also, ls block, gsr head. That's what "ls/VTEC" means.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dopematic

I believe that you need to use the rods according to which crank you're using. So

LS crank = LS rods
GSR crank = GSR rods
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Stock rods can handle quite a bit. Grab the ARP rod bolts and you should be good.

Then depending on which pistons you decide to go with, you might have to get some machine work.

It all depends on what your power goals are

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
No such thing as a "stock ls/VTEC" they're all custom. There are TONS of threads on here about ls/VTEC builds. Look some up. Also, ls block, gsr head. That's what "ls/VTEC" means.

im sure I know what is means. and stock being a stock block with original parts and a stock head with original parts I think that's what I ment by stock lsv

TheCrimsonStar

im sure I know what is means. and stock being a stock block with original parts and a stock head with original parts I think that's what I ment by stock lsv
There was a good lsv thread somewhere. Can't find it on my phone. You need a kit that comes with a special head gasket, bolts etc, or all new OEM specific stuff relating to your build (ls/VTEC or b20/VTEC) I know password JDM sells one. For the lsv to be reliable you gotta at least rebuild the internals

Edit: found the thread:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1676914

Last edited:

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
There was a good lsv thread somewhere. Can't find it on my phone. You need a kit that comes with a special head gasket, bolts etc, or all new OEM specific stuff relating to your build (ls/VTEC or b20/VTEC) I know password JDM sells one. For the lsv to be reliable you gotta at least rebuild the internals

Edit: found the thread:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1676914

thank you for putting the link so much answered I have been looking for a post like that but nobody had one I could find this helped alot

Muckman

Not a M0derator
As stated earlier LS crank = LS rods. And LS rod bearings.
Any forged rod will do. Make sure you upgrade the pistons as well.
Rod bolt strength is an RPM issue (tension) not a torque issue (compression).

You can find the rest of your answers on Honda-tech.com/search.php (search the Forced Induction forum)

xZachTheRipper8

i was thinking about doing the same thing with mine, i want to get a motor from a junk yard for cheap and slowly build everything so its done properly and reliable because thats one thing ive heard alot about lsvtec is that if not done correctly they are crap

TheCrimsonStar

i was thinking about doing the same thing with mine, i want to get a motor from a junk yard for cheap and slowly build everything so its done properly and reliable because thats one thing ive heard alot about lsvtec is that if not done correctly they are crap
Nah if not done correctly they're great until you go VEEEEEEEEEEETACTACTACTAC*BOOM*