Lug Nuts keep getting real loose

Thekris

Ok so I just got my car a little over a month ago and the lugnuts seem to always loosen up. It only happens on the right side. What could be causing this to happen. One time 3 lugnuts actually fell off and I had to drive a mile home on 1 lugnut. Pretty scary.

Zero Fighter

MAKE'em SAY UUUHHhhhhh...
are these factory honda lug nuts???? If so tighten them down to 86 foot pounds, if you over tighten them you will have more of a chance of breaking the studs or getting it to strip from behind the hub.

mirrorimg

Need to know what kind of wheels you have, and what kind of lugs you have.

Aftermarket wheels have different lug seats than OEM wheels. The lugs need to match the wheels or they wont seat properly.

put more muscle into tightening them......
No thanks... Lugs should be torqued to about 80ft/lbs (I guess 86 ft/lbs as mentioned above). Over-doing it can put increased stress on the lug stud and cause it to fail.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg

Aftermarket wheels have different lug seats than OEM wheels. The lugs need to match the wheels or they wont seat properly.

No thanks... Lugs should be torqued to about 80ft/lbs (I guess 86 ft/lbs as mentioned above). Over-doing it can put increased stress on the lug stud and cause it to fail.
This 100%

Also, if you have aftermarket wheels OP, you need to make sure the lugs are seating properly. Sometimes paint on aftermarket wheels can cause lugs to not seat/seal properly. But first, make sure you have the right lug nuts :thumbs up

Rich-PMS

i didn't mean to over tighten them, but maybe he's not putting them on tight enough if they're loosening so often

Daybid

Dump or Die.
different type of lug nut maybe?? like acorn shaped or a diff type

Thekris

Sorry for the late reply but i have stock mesh's on my 99 integra. And I have them as tight as they need to be but they still come off but its only on the right side. It's real weird. I put lock-tight on the lugnuts and they seem to be staying on. Whatever, I guess ill deal with this until I get new wheels this summer.

mirrorimg

If your studs are damaged, or the threading on the lug nuts are damaged, that could be an issue to the constant loosening of the lug nuts.

I use anti-seize on every one of my lugs, so you should not have to use loctite.