M2 Performance headers

pinkley

b@115D33p
has anyone had this brand of header? ive read decent enough things with a google search. the company has been featured in Car&Driver magazine so im guessing that kinda says something.
they have them on their website for $85 but found them cheaper on ebay. i know you get what you pay for so you can save your energy typing that. im not going to spend $500+ for a header when my car isnt a racecar and probably never will be. also looking to get the 4-2-1 so my clearance is better. my 4-1 scrapes on everything and flange has been ripped off so its currently "jerry rigged". more or less im just looking to replace it fast before a hole gets rubbed in it.
heres the site!
http://www.m2performance.net/product/productdetail.asp?productid=5936

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
they are generic "ebay" style headers, no real performance gain other then the fact that they look a little better then stock, if you want a performance header you have to order through private label manufacturing, most of which can be found in the honda tech marketplace for about 100 less then what they retail them for.

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2933774

96GSRteg

Tyler
they are generic "ebay" style headers, no real performance gain other then the fact that they look a little better then stock, if you want a performance header you have to order through private label manufacturing, most of which can be found in the honda tech marketplace for about 100 less then what they retail them for.

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2933774
I just bought that exact header and had it put on. Its 320 shipped through him including gaskets. HOWEVER, that flange will not bolt up to the stock flange. You will have to cut and weld on a new one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I just bought that exact header and had it put on. Its 320 shipped through him including gaskets. HOWEVER, that flange will not bolt up to the stock flange. You will have to cut and weld on a new one.

which flange? because all of those downpipes use a 2.5" flange where it meets the cat,t hats normal that you need a larger one on the cat size, they are designed for performance, as far as the flange on the head side, ive never heard of one not lining up but i would have sent it back for a different before i would have cut and welded a new one.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I'm assuming he meant cut and welded on the cat.

Edit: Didn't realize he was talking about the tri-y. I just got the 4-1 which has a different output flange.

Last edited:

96GSRteg

Tyler
Yeah sorry I didn't clarify. Plus since the 94-99gsr header size is different you have to shorten the b pipe. Luckily for me my friend owns the muffler shop so it was on the cheap :)

And I didn't even think about you Mitch! Crap :-/ next time!

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
So either way you will have to get a new cat? I just got this header to, it's not just bolt on?
We are referring to the plm header. But, I know what header you got, as top speed only has 1 4-2-1 that will fit a b-series. Not sure if it will fit yours. What is your car? I can't remember.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
We are referring to the plm header. But, I know what header you got, as top speed only has 1 4-2-1 that will fit a b-series. Not sure if it will fit yours. What is your car? I can't remember.
I know, but they look basically the same so I thought i would ask.

Mines an 01 LS, the dude at top speed told me it was bolt on. I kinda trust his judgement, but I'd like to know before i perform the surgery.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
So either way you will have to get a new cat? I just got this header to, it's not just bolt on?
none of the performance headers will just bolt right onto the factory exhaust system, they are too restrictive for the size of the header, these are replicas of all out drag headers that are tuned for applications.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Btw, yours isn't a tri-y is it? I think its actually fairly different than the one pictured.
none of the performance headers will just bolt right onto the factory exhaust system, they are too restrictive for the size of the header, these are replicas of all out drag headers that are tuned for applications.

It's a tri-y, same set up as the one pictured.

So there's nothing you can do with a stock cat? even jerry rig it?