Maaco Paint Job- Post pics!

EF9Tuning

I used to be in the automotive refinish industry for 5 years. Im on a tight budget and am thinking of repainting my fourdoor. Im not trying to pay $1000 plus for a side job at a shop. I would ike to see some results from Maaco if any of you memebers have some pics!. I can prep the car for paint sanding and taping (because i know they will paint over weather striping and headlights)

I hear people complain about bad orange peel ,but thats what wet sanding is for!!

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
the thing i would be concerned about is the quality of the paint. my buddy had his lude painted red there and it looked great, a year later it got all spotty and white and it wouldn't buff out at all.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
if you're tight on budget and you have time to sand it down, tape and clean, why dont you spray it yourself? i'd do it myself rather than Maaco, that will save u a little more $$ :thumbup:

EF9Tuning

i would def do that but im not going to put 6+ hrs of preping the car then spraying it outside. it probly would look horrible...hmmmm but i could construct a pressurized protable spray booth...i may create an article on this!

Redliner

Not sure but I believe maaco have paint jobs ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand.... you get what you paid for.

-Red

EF9Tuning

i totally understand that i was a painter for a paint shop for about 3 years. painting goes like this to get a good outcome. 50% prep work 10% technique 20% booth 20% material

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
i totally understand that i was a painter for a paint shop for about 3 years. painting goes like this to get a good outcome. 50% prep work 10% technique 20% booth 20% material
yup, that what i was saying , the major part is the prep works, i used to work for Stambaugh Air Servie and my position was a sheet metal mechanic so done a quite bit of planes.

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
seeing as you are doing the prep I think now the only thing that could be a problem is the quality of the paint. I have heard some good and some bad things about maaco paint and paint jobs. I guess it just depends on which one you go to. hopefully you get a good paint job out of it.

EF9Tuning

hmm yea i could do research there are good brands of paint PPG, Du Pont, Hot Hues etc etc. If they deny me of going in the shop then i know somethings up. Id like to see them pull that we cant let you come in due to insurance reasons bull shit. I cant wait to see there face when i pull out my safety glasses hahahah

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
hmm yea i could do research there are good brands of paint PPG, Du Pont, Hot Hues etc etc. If they deny me of going in the shop then i know somethings up. Id like to see them pull that we cant let you come in due to insurance reasons bull shit. I cant wait to see there face when i pull out my safety glasses hahahah
that works. a good shop wont have anything to hide.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
not to thread jack, but that insuarce bullshit is only there because of safety glasses? thats it?

now, back to the maaco paint jobs!

wite2nr

it all depends on the individual location and how much you want to pay. ask around locally which macco locations do the best job. Also, it cant be stressed enough that it really depends on how much you want to spend. I have seen $300 macco jobs that last 3 months, $800 jobs that still look decent after a year, and a $1600 job that looks flawless after 3 years.