Main Relay Again???

Sean76

Last summer I encountered the no start when hot outside issue. I pulled the main relay and resoldered and was fine ..... until now. It happened for the first time this summer yesterday afternoon when it was hot out. Okay, I figured it's the same issue again, however it happened this morning at around 8am when it was cool out and sat all night. Basically I turn the key and nothing except I think I hear a click. Battery is fine. Any suggestions?

treybombRW

what kind of new parts or upgrades have you done to the engine/ engine bay ( i.e. wires, plugs, fuel filter, distributor cap/ rotor?). i had that same problem and through trial and error i fixed it..... i changed the fuel filter, distributor cap/ rotor, wires plugs, and i had no luck. then i changed the old main fuel relay from the old rz-oo67 to the rz-0063 which is recomended by acura and all who have had this problem..... it helped but didn't solve the problem. then i took my car for a long drive to warm up the engine to max temp, turned the car off then on to see if it would stall, and it did, so i noticed my idle was oddly low (around 600 rpm. so i raised my base idle to 750-800 and it worked. the car ran smoother and started on the hottest days and even when my motor had warmed up completely. as for your car not starting even when cool in the morning. i think your main relay could be fried or something. i hope that helps.

TannerG

same thing happened to me. i forgot what they replaced but ill let u know tomorrow. its a big Honda problem. my grandparents accord had the same problem then my teg got it, ill let u know

obrienintegra18

if it just clicked its not the main relay . it could be the brushes on the starter are getting worn out and need replacing honda does not have them so they want you to buy a new starter but if you pull it out its the same as toyotas its easy to take out the brushes bring them to the dealer to match up.ther way cheaper then a new starter also check connection to battery and starter any corosion can do that.