Main Relay "Type" Problems

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Ok man sounds good. I have searched till my head feels like it's going to explode and I still can't figure it out :( and hell I'm an ASE certified mechanic so I'm sure u can imagine how frustrating that is lol

Prozon

Kris
Does anybody have any suggestions or tips here? I'm LOST on this issue.

I tested the plug under my rear seat for power when the issue arose. Two of the prongs have power. How much? IDK. Shitty little "on or off" kind of test light. Not sure what prongs had power either.

I feel like the issue might have something to do with that, but I really can't tell.

ANY IDEA'S? I'm literally open to anything now.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
is the fuel pump firing up? chech for a power and ground to it. it still can be the pump, iv'e installed tons of new parts that were bad, not uncommon anymore :(

Prozon

Kris
I'm not sure what to put power to without actually removing the fuel tank to get to the pump. You can't access the pump unless you drop the tank, The best I could think of would be that plug under the rear seat, and I think part of those wires are for the sending unit too.

My first thought was that it had to be a bad pump- but after it starts it will run all day and be fine.. for example, yesterday I was leaving for Import-FaceOff at 9am. It was like 40 degree's out and it wouldn't start. After messing with stuff for 15 minutes it finally activates the fuel pump. I drove the 50 miles or whatever it is to the racetrack.. parked it in 85 degree sun for the next 6-7 hours.. then got in, it started right up and drove home no problems.

Prozon

Kris
Just updating this thread, ever since that day at the racetrack I have had no issues with the car starting. I think it came down to the connection under the back seat.

I'll post back if I ever have issues with it again, but I think that was my issues.