maint req flashing

soggieb18b1

soggie
My maint req light started flashing sat. @ a car meet no less. My buddy said it means time for me to change tranny fluid. Is this correct? Looked thru the chilton but found nothing about. Does the ammount of times it flashes mean anything? Just curious. Any feedback appreciated.:???:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
that light is based off of the oem honda basic maintenance....it could mean that, could mean a lot of things...it is really just there for the first 100K miles of the car just so you do the req. maintenance and then repeat

Afireinside

its easy to reset there should be a button on the underside of the column push it and hold it then turn your key to the on position keep holding the button then turn the key off. All done
Good luck

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
it means nothing, its a way honda makes money, has nothing to do with the condition of your car. it comes on at certain milage intervals programmed by honda.

the stupid ones freak out that its on, take it to the stealership, then the stealership charges them an assload of money, plain and simple

theres a button under the drivers side dash you hold in to reset it.

Last edited:

azspd02

it means nothing, its a way honda makes money, has nothing to do with the condition of your car. it comes on at certain milage intervals programmed by honda.

the stupid ones freak out that its on, take it to the stealership, then the stealership charges them an assload of money, plain and simple

theres a button under the drivers side dash you hold in to reset it.

Lmao @ stealership

crk_88

it wouldnt come on if it didn't mean ne thing. mine came on n it was my clutch fluid. it says in the chilton all of the things u r supposed to do when u do maint. check all of ur fluids n reservoirs too. and in answer to ur ? it cant hurt to change ur tranny fluid. according to chilton in section 1-15: fuse box, battery, fuel filter, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, ignition wires, power steering pump reservoir, windshield washer fluid, oil dipstick, radiator cap air filter box, radiator recovery tank. hope this helps

Last edited:

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
it wouldnt come on if it didn't mean ne thing. mine came on n it was my clutch fluid. it says in the chilton all of the things u r supposed to do when u do maint. check all of ur fluids n reservoirs too. and in answer to ur ? it cant hurt to change ur tranny fluid. according to chilton in section 1-15: fuse box, battery, fuel filter, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, ignition wires, power steering pump reservoir, windshield washer fluid, oil dipstick, radiator cap air filter box, radiator recovery tank. hope this helps
no man, nothing triggers this light, it comes on at certain milage intervals, not when something is wrong with your teg

you bieng low on clutch fluid is not what caused your light to come on

Afireinside

no man, nothing triggers this light, it comes on at certain milage intervals, not when something is wrong with your teg

you bieng low on clutch fluid is not what caused your light to come on
X2
Mine is blue and on the passenger side directly below the steering wheel. Mine was light blue,but I have seen a few different colors!
Good luck

Cman46290

So i got a 1997 GSR that i just bought yesterday.... and the MAINT REQ'D lght is on... i know honda's are reset by holding in the trip button... turning key to on...wait until it turns off then turn the key to off and release the trip button... but the Teggy dont got a trip button... it just rolls over the trip miles.... where is the button to reset the light? and is the process the exact same? what does the button look like?

-Corey

Thanks

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
for the g3, its under the dash. and it reminding you to change oil soon.

hold the button under the drivers side dash, turn the key to on but dont start, keep holding till light turns off.