Maint reqd light

MemphisTeg

Smoker,Joker,MidniteToker
what are the chances that my car (2000 gsr) would throw a maint reqd light after an oilchange. also... would it give me this light if i had low tranny fluid.
pleas help

TheSickestDC2

Banned
you have to reset it after you give it the oil change, there is a button under the dash to the right a little bit of the steering column. Hold the button in until it goes off. I am not sure if you have to have the car running or just in the on position. good luck though

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
If you just did an oil change and you dont reset it it will light up.IIt could be 1k miles or more. I believe it lights up every 7500 miles.(Not 100% sure on it,check your Teggy manual) But all you have to do is hold the reset button for a few seconds and your done.As for the tranny fluid..I dont think it does.Might be wrong tho.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Hold the button in until it goes off. I am not sure if you have to have the car running or just in the on position.
I believe you just hold the button down with the key in the on position but with the engine not running

MemphisTeg

Smoker,Joker,MidniteToker
i just did it with the engin running. it went off. as for the tranny fluid im gonna check and add some tomorrow along with another oil change cause its that time to do that. esp before i drive to knoxville for PHISH !!!!!

Campanelli

OMG it has VTEC?
If you just did an oil change and you dont reset it it will light up.IIt could be 1k miles or more. I believe it lights up every 7500 miles.(Not 100% sure on it,check your Teggy manual) But all you have to do is hold the reset button for a few seconds and your done.As for the tranny fluid..I dont think it does.Might be wrong tho.
Yes it does, just to let you know and then you reset it. then 7500 miles later it will come on again