Maint Required???

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
Hiii ive just recently started having issues with my teggy..

Whenever i start it up the maintenance required turns on and blinks 10 times. does anyone know what it means??

Also i have an auto (FTL) tranny and when it shifts, when the engine is cold, it is very rigid, and like shifts so rough. when i am turning at all and i step back on to the gas it revs to about 4k then goes back down to normal

any advice/suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the light you need to reset theres a button about where your right knee is under the dash press and hold while the car is in accessory mode

you may need a tranny flush go to Honda/Acura and get some ATF fluid

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
does the light mean that i have an issue?

and i just had an oil change less that 1000 miles ago, and they said fluids were fine

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
your fluid could be fine but it could be old you are supposed to change transmission fluid every 15000 miles. Its either that or your transmission could be going out, possibly a torque converter.

but as for the light there is nothing wrong it is supposed to go on every X amount of miles as a dummy light

01FTW

As everyone said about the maint. light, just hit the button to turn it off.

As for your tranny it may be fucked. Your torque converter may be going out.

One thing I learned about automatic transmissions over the years is that they go to shit easy. Usually once they start showing signs of wear, they will inevitably need to be rebuilt or replaced.

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
damn. im think im gonna be in the market to sell. im a senior in high school and i can use the extra money obviously. i wont have the money to replace the tranny. im going to college next year down in auburn so maybe ill be able to find something down there for cheaper than up here in DC.

embr

bummer i always reget selling my teggy way back when, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.