Maintenance light help

borderlineracin

borderline racing
ok so i have a 1998 acura integra and the maintenance light lights up and then blinks i think 10 times i have no idea what i need to do to fix the problem thanks for the help

Army74D

gtavila_
There's a button under the dash, pedal area. It's a black box with a grey button. You don't gotta take anything apart.. Just look under there, you'll see it.
Hold the button down for like 4 seconds, and the job is done.

Last edited:

el_mayto

may be this helps but this is a reset button for every oil change, wich means you have to reset it every time you change your oil, and it will start coming on when getting close to the next oil change.

CheddaC

I had the same prob today only happened when I started the car and only did it the first few times I started my car today. Doesn't do it any more. Good to kno that it's prob the oil change thing

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
The 'Maintenance Required' light doesn't mean something is wrong with your car and it's normal for it to come on every once in a while until you reset it. It's just a courtesy reminder for oil changes, tune-ups, etc. as stated.

'Check Engine' and 'Service Engine Soon' lights are what you need to worry about.

gs300cky

so out of curiosity my 94 teg ls has the mant reqd light but its never lit up or blinked before... so would my bulb be out or is my LS not fancy enough

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
there is already a sticky at the top of the page about the maintenance light..

seahtech

When the key is turned on if it just blinks and the goes away it is informing you that servicing is neeeded in the near future. When it comes on and stays on it is saying that service is needed now. Just hold the button down and it will go away.

WAR 178

Premium User
It also goes by regular service intervals pre-set from the factory in the ecu...
Look at your mileage and it seems to trip-on pretty close to the stated milage.
Not always due to the oil...