maintenance required light, how do you shut it off?

coco1210

>SEBASS<
my maintance required light came on 2 days ago and it dosnt turn off how can i get it to turn off? :(

overheadJake

Weight is the enemy
what year is your car? I have a 99 and there is a little black button under the dash on the drivers side just hold it and it will turn the light off

MeZ90

LS MONSTER!!!
it could be that you need in oil change i have a 99 LS and the button is underneath my dash but i just took mine to get a oil change and my light came of just get a oil change and see if it turns off.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
look under your dash where your steering wheel is located, you should see a black square with a little blue button. turn the key in the ignition so that all your lights are on, you will then see the maintenance light flash, press and hold the blue button until the light turns off. turn your key in the off position and turn your key again to that same position, you should see the light turn on along with your other dash lights and it will turn off without the blinking. i hope that helps.

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
look under your dash where your steering wheel is located, you should see a black square with a little blue button. turn the key in the ignition so that all your lights are on, you will then see the maintenance light flash, press and hold the blue button until the light turns off. turn your key in the off position and turn your key again to that same position, you should see the light turn on along with your other dash lights and it will turn off without the blinking. i hope that helps.
is this for 98 and up? cuz i have a 95 GSR and i have a maintnace light aswell but it dont work lol how can i activate it?

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
is this for 98 and up? cuz i have a 95 GSR and i have a maintnace light aswell but it dont work lol how can i activate it?
dont think so, i have a 95 and it worked.

do you see the button? are you following those steps? remember not to start your car. im not too sure what else to add to that, its pretty straight forward.

mirrorimg

Make sure its plugged in. The PO for my car unplugged it so it would not light up. Doesnt bother me, Im well aware of when I need to change my oil.

By the way, its simply a reminder light. It kicks on after you have traveled X miles. Changing the oil has no effect on the light, you need to reset the light with the button.

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
dont think so, i have a 95 and it worked.

do you see the button? are you following those steps? remember not to start your car. im not too sure what else to add to that, its pretty straight forward.
my car is in storage right now but ill take a look at it next week. spring time is here baby!! time to go cruze!!
any meets anyone?

seya

My maintainance lite is blinking ten blinks before it turns off at every turn on of the engine what does that mean?