Maintenance while intake manifold is off?

Murphy

Meat Master
I've taken off the intake manifold, throttle body, and the fuel rail with injectors. Im cleaning everything and the valves and replacing the gaskets.

Is there anything else i should do while I have the manifold off? Also should I use gasket dressing for the throttle body and is there suppose to be a gasket for the fiacv where it attaches to the throttle body?

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Get a quality im gasket to reduce intake temps.

The fitv should have o rings the same as the iacv I believe.

Change your oil.

The throtlebody only needs a paper gasket but I believe you can get the same type of gasket to reduce heat just like the intake manifold gasket.

Murphy

Meat Master
Ah ok I'll take a look at those seals thanks I'll also clean it. I changed my oil with synthetic about 1.5k miles ago so that's good.

I've got a gasket for the throttle body already, I'm referring to where the fast idle valve meets the throttle body, there are gaps in each for the coolant to flow through. I didn't find a gasket and I don't see how the coolant would stay sealed in without one.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
It's been awhile since I've touched a Honda. If I remember correctly the fitv has 3 o rings that are only used for air diverting depending on coolant temps by the wax valve. Coolant never enters the throttlebody but simple routed through the fitv mounted on the tb.

Murphy

Meat Master
Oh you're right I forgot about those seals. There's actually another seal in one of the plates, had to special order them from the dealership..

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Rtv silicone works, its not a crucial part.

Only used for cold starts.

It can be deleted just like the iacv.

enjoytheridedc2

Nothing else you can really do maintenance wise. Since the manifold is off, check on the condition of your rear engine mount. Probably be easier to replace with the manifold out if it was worn out.