Major Oil Leaks

NewGirl

NewGirl
If this fix doesn't solve it that's my next goal.. But funds are tight and I'll have to save some ... #collegeprobs

Victoria

NewGirl

NewGirl
After getting the oil pan off and seeing that most of it was only hand tight, I may just try this replacement and the cam fix... It was really loose ... Bad idea?

Victoria

R13

The other asshole
Nice, I left my oil pan off over night before putting the new one on because I heard they're super hard to get to seal so I made sure the engine was dry before putting it back on and so far so good almost 2 years later.

Sent from my toaster

NewGirl

NewGirl
Nice, I left my oil pan off over night before putting the new one on because I heard they're super hard to get to seal so I made sure the engine was dry before putting it back on and so far so good almost 2 years later.

Sent from my toaster
yeah it's still dripping pretty good. I'm gonna clean and see what else I find before I put it back on. I bought this car pretty recently and it was previously owned by a chick who kept the interior clean but probably has never washed the undercarriage... and i'm looking at over 250,000 miles of grossness at the moment lol.

on a side note... sway bar link on the left was barely attached... and the right was missing a good chunk of it... it was like an adventure every time I drove

R13

The other asshole
I cleaned 230k off worth of gunk off my engine in october, Misery :lol:

Oh! If you want a custom cam seal hit up Dlo on here, He makes really good billet cam seals and he can do custom engravings for like $16 I think? I can't remember but it's super cheap and he does blanks for $13 shipped.

I got one cause I really don't trust the stock plastic one and it works great.

Sent from my toaster

Stfulton

I cleaned 230k off worth of gunk off my engine in october, Misery :lol:

Oh! If you want a custom cam seal hit up Dlo on here, He makes really good billet cam seals and he can do custom engravings for like $16 I think? I can't remember but it's super cheap and he does blanks for $13 shipped.

I got one cause I really don't trust the stock plastic one and it works great.

Sent from my toaster
Unfortunately he doesn't anymore, I've been trying to get one from him for a couple months now. no luck :???:

R13

The other asshole
I guarantee if asked he would whip one up, He didn't have the materials but he got mine to me in about 12 days after asking for it, He even had me wait to pay for it until it was already made.

Just have to let him know you're serious and are ready and waiting to pay for it and he'll get it to you asap.

R13

The other asshole
That's... Good? :lol:

Always fun when you buy a car and everything goes wrong, But hey, At least swapping engines will give you a good chance to clean up the engine and bay and whatever else you might wanna do.

Sent from my toaster