Manual tips/techniques?

soccer4life

Hey guys, ive had my first stick car for about 3 weeks now, and i can go around the neighborhood with ease but i stil need ALOT of work on driving a 5 speed. Does anyone have any tips or techniques theyd like to share?

gamerchad

^ That's about it. Once you get comfortable with driving, practice your downshifting too :D It's definitely something that you should get down pat for daily driving, so you don't look like a fool w/ your car jerkin'. Best of luck bro.

p.s. don't worry when you stall, we all did.

JGvtec

Practice on a flat parking lot getting used to first gear. Thats all i did. I mastered it in like a day or two. All you have to worry about is first, once you get the hand of it you wont even think about shifting.

Don't ride the clutch.

Just practice 1st gear alot.

Kyle

Drop the clutch at 3500rpms in first gear. :)

Just go practice alot, especially on hills. Go and find the steepest hill in your area and just practice starting and stopping. It helps alot if you get stuck in rush hour traffic on hills like I do during my morning commute.
I think it helps you get the feel of the clutch engaging quickest. Also don't be afraid to stall and look like a complete n00b in traffic. It happens to all of us at one point.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Just remember that everyone stalls. I still stall out sometimes. It's part of driving, so when it happens just turn your car back on and keep on rolling.

CheddaC

Find a fat hill and practice the shit out of it. It took me like a week and ima pro now. Still stall once in a while not much anymore tho. U will learn ur clutch once u do it's easy as hell

built_ls

rev match and heel toe
lol dont do this when you first start if you love your clutch. If you have a clutch thats going out or if your about to change cars....then thats when you practice all that fancy stuff.
just try to get comfortable with your clutch. Go to a steep hill and try to balance the car without revving too much