Manual Transmission Fluid...

96LSteg

Jemel
Can I use Royal Purple Oil in my 96 LS Manual Transmission? There is no Honda Dealership near me so I can't get Honda MTF, and I can't find any other MTF at Advanced. I read that Royal Purple was good. But others say its bad, and I can't find a straight answer. The guy in the auto part store said that I could use 10W30 but I don't trust those dudes, so I'm asking you guys. Can I use Royal Purple and if so what would be a good weight?

R13

The other asshole
I prefer lucas oil but that's what i used in my camaro, I have not used it in the teg yet.

I'm no expert but I'd say royal purple should do fine, It's only set back that i know of is it's a little pricey, Though I did see someone recently mentioning something like GM synchromesh?

R13

The other asshole
No, I was just mention the synchromesh incase you wanted to research it, I'd say royal purple or lucas, Like I said I don't know anything about synchromesh it could be for automatics for all i know, lol

Edit: something to note, I've heard some people complain that lucas smells like a burning frying pan. Not sure why just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I'm sure there is, No idea what though.

Lol, No one else is gonna step in and give this guy some help?

Last edited:

96LSteg

Jemel
I just read that I could just run synchromesh so Im going to go with the Penzoil Syncromehs that they sell at the Advanced near my house...I don't understand why there isn't any MTF at the auto part store but you can buy ATF all F**king day!!!